Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
COUCH/CARPET SMELL LIKE URINE. BLECHHHH. HELP?

amother

Post Sun, May 08 2011, 8:51 am
The yucky details: Wall-to-Wall carpeting (we're in a rental). It was either the neighbor's pet we housesat for (a puppy) or the kids or the elderly in-laws. Who knows. Who cares. IT STINKS. shock

We have two spots on the carpet. One spot is either on the couch or right under it. I want to vomit.

What can I do?
1) I poured Carpet Fresh powder on a wet carpet stain yesterday, waited a couple hours and tried to vacuum it. NOPE.
2) I poured a box of baking powder on that stain. Waited four hours and vacuumed. NOPE.
3) I poured some vinegar on that stain. OK, HELPED A LITTLE. Now, I have pee smell, vinegar smell, AND VINEGAR STAINS.

HELP ME FROM HAVING MY CARPET SMELL LIKE A REST STOP OFF THE JERSEY TURNPIKE AND FROM LOSING MY SECURITY DEPOSIT FROM DAMAGING THE CARPET.

PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE. Smile Pretty please. My nose is going batty.

A sheynem dank.
Queen

nicole81

Post Sun, May 08 2011, 10:33 am
I've found arm and hammer pet fresh powder to be particularly effective. It doesn't remove stains, however it has removed any and all carpet odors we've ever had. And I have both kids and a dog. Good luck!

lillyislaughing

Post Sun, May 08 2011, 1:57 pm
try fantastic- straight up... no added water.. but bits of it also baking soda- lots and lots of it.. wet the carpet, and dump on the baking soda and let it sit... then after - spray with lysol- if need be, use the entire can and open up all your windows so no one is breathing in fumes... if that does work, go to a carpet store and see if they have someone they know that cleans carpets.

if you have pets, sorry to say, you may need some shock mats... and they do work with your pets. they learn, the kids learn and the carpet stays clean.

there is some other spray stuff, that people here have brought back with them from the US- called "pets and kids" or something like that.. it also seems to work (I clean houses in israel... )

best of luck.
lilly
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry