Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Beds

yedidya's mom

Post Wed, Aug 16 2006, 10:48 am
I wasn't sure where this belongs so im sorry if im in the wrong section...
we are moving after succos iyh and I have to start looking into furniture. our apartment we are renting now came fully furnished so I have absolutely no idea what I want/need.
In terms of beds- do you just get a mattress and a boxspring. or one of these fancy frames? or just a headboard? ive been checking a few websites and im very confused. I guess it depends partially how much I want to spend but im just curious what other people have, what is "the norm" - if there is such a thing. also any brand/store recommendations are welcome. thanks!

HelloEverybody

Post Wed, Aug 16 2006, 10:50 am
We just have the frame and mattresses but if you want fancier/more $$ you can get headboards, but need to make sure when put on the beds can still be considered "separate" if/when need arises.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Aug 16 2006, 11:12 am
I think we have a simple metal frame for the boxspring, and then the mattress on top of that.

The headboard is part of an interesting bedroom set we have, which is really a wooden piece attached to a couple of nightstands, with lights on both nightstands, as well as lights on top. It's very hard to explain, and I never saw it anywhere else, but the price was right, so why not get it? Wink

I think headboards are not as necessary as a frame, but still nice to have, even just cheap ones.

mimsy7420

Post Wed, Aug 16 2006, 4:16 pm
Our beds consist of metal frames, boxsprings and mattress. We do have a bedroom set that came with a headboard, but that is not a necessity. If you wanted to just move in to beds, and go shopping for a headboard and bedroom set later, then don't worry - when you buy a mattress, it generally comes with a frame and boxspring.

red sea

Post Wed, Aug 16 2006, 4:31 pm
Once you get the mattresses you can take some time and shop around to find what you like.

my3sons

Post Wed, Aug 16 2006, 6:03 pm
we got a set wich came with headboards. If you need a dresser anyway it is possible to find a whole set that is not too much $$. It add a little decoration to the room. You could do the same affect with fancy pillows though.

yedidya's mom

Post Thu, Aug 17 2006, 2:04 am
Thanks for all the replies. I'm finding this whole moving/furniture thing overwhelming. dh and I decided we want to spend a little more and get quality stuff that will iyh last but on the other hand there is no reason to just throw out money on things that are overpriced and unnecessary. hence my question. it prob. does make sense to first get the mattresses and boxsprings and then decide what we want to add.
any good recommendations in the NY area? my friend says to just go w. 1800 mattress or sleepys.

red sea

Post Sat, Aug 19 2006, 9:33 pm
I found 1800 mattres to be much higher priced than the stores, macys is cheaper even when they dont have a sale I think. Taubus furniture in Boro Park is good for mattresses.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 20 2006, 5:35 am
U asked the right person Smile

I JUST moved and we looked into mattresses for months. We werent concerned about the money because beds were the most important to us. We were on the phone withe 1800 mattress 1800 sleepys. The only problem with that is the mattresses you will see in their stores arent the same comparable to the ones on the phone!! I would NEVER purchase a mattress by phone.

YOU MUST GO INTO THE STORES! We bought mattresses from Sleepsy (we spent hours in the store to make sure we are getting exactly what we love- after all having good night sleep is worth a million dollars!!)

Deffeinetely recommend sleepys.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars