Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Cute souvenir idea for Bar Mitzvah

atlastamom

Post Wed, May 18 2011, 10:02 am
a lot of boys bring home little souvenirs from friends Bar Mitzvah parties (I mean like the BM boy's class party).
any original ideas? could be related to Shavuos.

Last edited by atlastamom on Wed, May 18 2011, 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

underthestars

Post Wed, May 18 2011, 10:04 am
For some of my sons, we had individual chocolates made with my son's picture wearing tefillin. Kids loved them!!

pobody's nerfect

Post Wed, May 18 2011, 11:44 am
no way.... who is being bar mitzvah?? not the "kobi bwyant and pwesident bush" kid?????

PinkFridge

Post Wed, May 18 2011, 11:52 am
Mazal tov! You may want to change the subject line, as that abbreviation is going to give rise to some interesting immediate reactions.
Hope you find what you need, or get some inspiration and triggers here. Enjoy!

atlastamom

Post Wed, May 18 2011, 12:02 pm
@ Pobody, yup, can you believe it! TG he doesn't lisp anymore!
@ PinkFridge, since I put it in the Simcha Section I am going to hope everyone will figure out what I mean!

be good

Post Wed, May 18 2011, 12:09 pm
firstly BM is a well known abreviation for bowel movement... so maybe we should shorten bar mitzvah differently.

that said- I have seen wooden shtenders with the boys names on it, tefillin mirror that says "Zev's BarM", lulav holders...

atlastamom

Post Wed, May 18 2011, 12:14 pm
gosh! I didn't think that anyone would see the title and think I was looking for a cute souvenir for Bowel Movement, but since so many ppl were confused, I changed the subject!

skcomputer

Post Wed, May 18 2011, 1:03 pm
As the mother of older children who have been cleaning and reorganizing their rooms, we have thrown out (or put in shaimos) bags of "cute souvenirs" from Bar and Bat Mitzvahs. The only thing that they've ever used (and still continue to use) was sweatpants. The only other thing that they wanted to save were pictures of their friends (like from a badge/pin maker or photo booth). Otherwise, I'd suggest some type of consumable (food) goodie bag.

Barbara

Post Wed, May 18 2011, 1:21 pm
skcomputer wrote:
As the mother of older children who have been cleaning and reorganizing their rooms, we have thrown out (or put in shaimos) bags of "cute souvenirs" from Bar and Bat Mitzvahs. The only thing that they've ever used (and still continue to use) was sweatpants. The only other thing that they wanted to save were pictures of their friends (like from a badge/pin maker or photo booth). Otherwise, I'd suggest some type of consumable (food) goodie bag.

We've also enjoyed pajama bottoms, tee shirts and (of course) kippot.

mominisrael2

Post Thu, May 19 2011, 1:15 am
A really cute idea I've seen that goes great with the Shavuos theme is to attach 2 rolls of candy together to look like a Torah scroll, like this:

http://www.mitzvahlicious.com/......html

imamothertoo

Post Thu, May 19 2011, 1:30 am
Are you refering to a party favor? There is a website I believe its address is itsafavor.com. They have favors for numerous occasions, one of which is Bar Mitzvah. Mazel tov.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics