Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
The Staten Island Ferry, information and eatery questions

Liba

Post Thu, May 26 2011, 1:33 pm
http://www.siferry.com/SIFerry_Schedules.aspx

The schedule says "no trips Monday mornings" LOL It was on our schedule for Monday. When does the "morning" end? Can we assume there are trips Monday afternoon?

Are there any good mehadrin restaurants in Manhattan near where one gets on/off the ferry? We are supposed to be meeting up with friends (who we haven't seen for more than six years!) for lunch.

Thanks!!

Liba

Post Thu, May 26 2011, 1:45 pm
http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/ht.....shtml I found a better schedule, Monday is fine B"H. Very Happy

Now I just need to know how to get there from Boro Park and where near the ferry we can find a nice mehadrin lunch. Smile

Queen18

Post Thu, May 26 2011, 2:17 pm
Places to eat downtown:

Heritage Cafe - in the Jewish Heritage Museum
646-437-4231
36 Battery Place (Battery Park City)
Dairy
Hechsher: Star-K

Broadway Cafe
212-732-1728
160 Broadway (Liberty & Maiden)
Dairy
Hechsher: OK

Liba

Post Thu, May 26 2011, 2:44 pm
Queen18 thank you! Smile Have you eaten at either of them to know if the food is good? Can you sit and shmooze with an old friend over lunch?

manhattanmom

Post Thu, May 26 2011, 2:50 pm
I believe that you have to go to the museum (as in pay admission) to eat in the cafe.

I'd suggest you pack a nice picnic and eat it in Battery Park.

Liba

Post Sat, May 28 2011, 12:10 pm
Thank you.

Battery park picnic sounds like fun. Smile Now I just have to figure out how to get there from Boro Park how to get to the ferry.

chocolate moose

Post Sat, May 28 2011, 6:39 pm
From bp, take the train to atlantic avenue, then change to any train that will take you to bowling green. 3 for sure goes there. or take another train to wall street and walk. it's not that far.

just make sure those restaurants are open on monday because it's not a working day and I wouldn't be surprised if the pizza shop was closed.

Liba

Post Sat, May 28 2011, 11:53 pm
Thank you Chocolate Moose! No worries about the holiday, we aren't going for a month. Very Happy

I am just preparing in advance. Smile

Mommy3.5

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 7:04 am
chocolate moose wrote:
From bp, take the train to atlantic avenue, then change to any train that will take you to bowling green. 3 for sure goes there. or take another train to wall street and walk. it's not that far.

just make sure those restaurants are open on monday because it's not a working day and I wouldn't be surprised if the pizza shop was closed.

doesn’t that get you to the Manhattan side of the ferry? Liba do you want to take the ferry to SI or to Manhattan? It makes a difference! Its kind of backwards to go to SI to get to manhatten, while the trains in BP can get you there faster.

Liba

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 8:41 am
I was actually planning on going and coming back on the ferry and taking the subway to and from the same place so I would need fewer directions and have less confusion and more ferry time. Could we do that?

skazm

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 8:43 am
there is a nice milchig place in 11 Broadway where you can get big sandwiches and sushi and stuff and take it with you: http://www.cafe11nyc.com/

skazm

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 8:45 am
N R go... also the 2 & 5 I think..most of the trains go down there really, depends how far you want to walk

Liba

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 9:04 am
Thank you skazm. I would prefer less walking and fewer opportunities to get lost, if those two work together. Smile

be good

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 10:07 am
another vote for cafe11- they sell sushi, salads, bagels and sandwiches, OU certified.

also, milk street cafe in boston is opening a milchig/pleishig/parve place at 40 wall st- it may already be open.
http://www.milkstreetcafe.com/

Liba

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 11:03 am
I wonder what Milk St.'s hashgacha is like in NY. I don't see anything on their website to even imply it will be kosher.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, May 30 2011, 12:45 pm
it's gonna be ou but it's not open yet.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics