Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Pre-employment HR papers

Would you take a baby to sign HR papers?
No, it's unprofessional  
 87%  [ 57 ]
Yes, why not?  
 7%  [ 5 ]
Other  
 4%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 65

lech lecha08

Post Wed, Jun 01 2011, 7:07 am
B"H I just found a job. They want me to come in and do some paperwork with HR. My baby is still home with me but I do have daycare lined up for when I start actually working. This HR thing is supposed to be very quick and based on the timing, I expect my baby to be napping anyway so it seems silly to try to find a babysitter.

aidelmaidel

Post Wed, Jun 01 2011, 7:13 am
It's not going to be seen as professional if you bring your baby with you.

Ask them if they can email you the relevant documents so that you can complete them at home in adpvance and then just drop them off.

Otherwise, bring a friend along and leave your baby outside with the friend.

Tamiri

Post Wed, Jun 01 2011, 7:14 am
This is Israel. I think it's fine.

shoshina

Post Wed, Jun 01 2011, 7:28 am
Depending on the job, I wouldn't do it. If it's work at a daycare/elementary school/other family-oriented environment, go for it and save yourself the trouble of a babysitter. If its a professional job in a more strict business, I would leave the baby home. The logic is as follows: no matter how cute your baby is (and doesn't a cute baby always score points!) having him/her with you basically says "I couldn't find a babysitter" which might make your employer nervous about the childcare arrangements that you do have and whether they're reliable. Best to show up even for that 15 minutes alone and in professional rather than Mommy mode.

Also, no matter how "quick" the paperwork is, you might have an opportunity to schmooze with your boss, or get lunch with some of your colleagues, or at the very least make a strong first impression on the people you didn't interview with.

Mirabelle

Post Wed, Jun 01 2011, 7:29 am
If you are in the US, I say NO!!!!

o'mom

Post Wed, Jun 01 2011, 12:30 pm
No! Not if I'm the employer! Shame on you

groisamomma

Post Fri, Jun 03 2011, 1:29 am
Wrong thing to do.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics