Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Rest that take food stamps in Lakewood

amother

Post Mon, Jun 06 2011, 4:38 pm
Do any restaurants (excluding bagel nosh) take food stamps in Lakewood? I am in work all day today and don’t have time to make supper and finish my shavuos cooking.

estibesty

Post Mon, Jun 06 2011, 4:44 pm
yes salad garden/gelbsteins/ takes it im not sure about the fleishig restaurants

faigyl

Post Mon, Jun 06 2011, 6:10 pm

Last edited by faigyl on Fri, Jun 10 2011, 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Mon, Jun 06 2011, 9:23 pm
I don't get it. You have restaurants that take FS? Can you get anything or just certain things?

estibesty

Post Mon, Jun 06 2011, 9:44 pm
yes restaurants take it and candy stores and bakerys you can buy a/t you want with it as long as it edible

amother

Post Tue, Jun 07 2011, 1:36 am
I don't know about NJ but in NY that's illegal as far as I know you are not permitted to buy take out with food stamps. Just FYI

amother

Post Thu, Jun 09 2011, 11:46 pm
It's illegal in Pennsylvania too.

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Thu, Jun 09 2011, 11:59 pm
amother wrote:
I don't know about NJ but in NY that's illegal as far as I know you are not permitted to buy take out with food stamps. Just FYI
Well then how would the restaurants get approved?

StrawberrySmoothie

Post Fri, Jun 10 2011, 12:05 am
Its illegal everywhere.

DrMom

Post Fri, Jun 10 2011, 1:22 am
I think that is only allowed if you live in some place where there is no facility for preparing food yourself, or in some cases if you are elderly or disabled.

Is there another member of your household to whom food preparation can be delegated?

Edit: I think this is only allowed in certain states.

familyfirst

Post Fri, Jun 10 2011, 1:24 am
I have a few issues regarding this post.

Food Stamps should be used for necessities (and please don't try to convince me that take-out from restaurant is a necessity.)

Secondly, I think it's illegal.

And thirdly, if it IS illegal, info on which restaurants take FS should not be made public knowledge on imamother (and again, please don't tell me how this site in not public). It could bring serious legal issues to the attention of people who may put an end to this practice (and harm the business in the process).

People, as a tax payer who does NOT receive FS, please use but do NOT abuse the kindnesses you receive.

Happy 2B

Post Fri, Jun 10 2011, 4:19 am
they get approved because they sell bottles of milk.

energy11

Post Fri, Jun 10 2011, 8:01 am
familyfirst wrote:
I have a few issues regarding this post.

Food Stamps should be used for necessities (and please don't try to convince me that take-out from restaurant is a necessity.)

Secondly, I think it's illegal.

[b]And thirdly, if it IS illegal, info on which restaurants take FS should not be made public knowledge on imamother (and again, please don't tell me how this site in not public). It could bring serious legal issues to the attention of people who may put an end to this practice (and harm the business in the process).[/b]
People, as a tax payer who does NOT receive FS, please use but do NOT abuse the kindnesses you receive.

Yep!!

lamplighter

Post Fri, Jun 10 2011, 10:31 am
I opened this thread hoping it was not asking what I thought it was.

The only was it is legal is if they sell bread or milk I.e. groceries there as well.

As someone who pays too much taxes (IMHO) this frankly ticks me off. If you're going to spend FS money on luxuries, don't tell us about it.

FS is because you can't afford food. period.

amother

Post Fri, Jun 10 2011, 11:44 am
it bothers me too even though I get food stamps.

the fact that candy shops accept FS it's ok if they accept it for milk and that's allowed it's illegal for them to accept it on a chocolate platter you are sending to a kiddush but they do!!! talk about taking advantage!

groisamomma

Post Fri, Jun 10 2011, 1:29 pm
estibesty wrote:
yes restaurants take it and candy stores and bakerys you can buy a/t you want with it as long as it edible

Uhhh, really? Please let me know which ones as I'd love to start shopping there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics