Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Have you ever worked in a camp? Or your dh?

amother

Post Sun, Jun 12 2011, 2:49 pm
My dh and I are going to be working in a camp this summer. (Yes, I'm the poster who wrote about leaving her kids in the bungalow on Fri night.) I've never done this before, and am completely overwhelmed about packing. HELP!

Can you give me advice on what I need there? What should I NOT forget to pack? I've gone to camp as a camper before, but that was years ago. I can't overpack, since we don't have a ton of room. And we can always get some things from Walmart...but I'm sure I won't know what I need until I need it, and then I'll be stuck!

Any advice? On packing, or on anything else really. I have two young children, ages 3 and 1. Its a boys' camp.

zaq

Post Sun, Jun 12 2011, 5:38 pm
where is the camp? makes a diff. take stuff you don't mind getting ruined by mud, water, grass stains, and very harsh laundry service. Nothing that needs special treatment unless you plan to do your own laudry. Your shoddiest towels, rattiest blankets, old socks, beat-up shoes. rain gear and warm clothes for nighttime if in Poconos/Berkshires/Catskills Flashlights and batteries a must. Portable radio and batteries if knowing what's going on in the world or weather forecast matters to you. Stain stick a must if you;re doing your own laundry. Plenty of sunblock a must. make sure everyone's tetanus shots are up to date. copies of medical records like immunization status as well as proof of health insurance,although you;re may be covered by the camp. Any meds, rx or otc, you use regularly. Copies of any prescriptions anyone takes regularly; copies of glasses/contact lens prescriptions. Spare glasses or contacts. Sunglasses. Sunhats a must. Small sewing kit and goodly supply of safety pins a must. Sanitary protection. Bedika cloths. Nail clippers and emery board. Small pair of scissors. Your personal address/phone book. Sturdy shoes a must. Shoe polish if you want to look halfway decent on Shabbos. Something robelike but not obviously a robe to wear on your way to the lake or pool.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jun 12 2011, 5:41 pm
We both have.

Take your oldest, worst clothes. Don't forget stuff for the rain !
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics