Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
What kind of allergy testing is best

VeryBusyMom

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 12:02 pm
I have 3-1/2 yr old dd with eczema, and a 2 yr. old ds who has occassional asthma attacks. I want to make sure that neither issue is being caused by food or dust mite allergies (both run in the family). What's the best path to take? I asked my pediatrician for a script for blood testing. Is that the best thing? Or should I take them to an allergist and do skin testing? Asking in terms of reliability of test results for their kids their age and in terms of kids' comfort.

VeryBusyMom

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 3:23 pm
bump... anybody knows?

allrgymama

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 3:59 pm
The best way to test is for the kid to eat the food and react or to stop eating the food and see that symptoms clear up.

Otherwise, take your kid to an allergist and do a scratch test.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 4:05 pm
I live in Israel and I took my DD to a lady who uses a machine to test for allergies. I think it's called a biocam or something. I thought it was crazy but I took her off those foods and I'm really starting to see a difference after 1 week.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 4:07 pm
amother wrote:
I live in Israel and I took my DD to a lady who uses a machine to test for allergies. I think it's called a biocam or something. I thought it was crazy but I took her off those foods and I'm really starting to see a difference after 1 week.

Just want to add, that I've been scratch-tested and due to my severe allergies, it is VERY uncomfortable and that's why I chose this alternative method of testing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics