Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do you think like this?
Previous  1  2

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jun 26 2011, 7:31 pm
freidasima wrote:
But for those of you who write "it's our hashkofo" you think that yiddishkeit has only one hashkofo? What about those chachomim who believed in random chance, that the ribono shel olam only interferes in the lives of zaddikim and that what happens to us in general comes from Hashem as he is the one in charge of it all, but that it is not specifically something that he said vis a vis X - nothing along the lines of "let Freidasima get bronchitis now"...but rather he put bronchitis in the world, Freidasima has a lousy immune system because of various diseases she got as a result of a botched operation and so she gets a lot of bronchitis, but not because of something specific that the Ribono Shel olam said vis a vis her, she's just the victim of a random chance.

What about THAT hashkofo? You know that it also appears in Judaism, like the Ramban for example and lots of other rishonim of that period....

Hey, if it floats your boat. But that's not what's being taught, and reinforced in numerous, numerous shiurim, writings, etc. to the masses, from very reputable people, large and small scale.
As long as it doesn't get too close to the Great Celestial Clockmaker....

checkbefore

Post Sun, Jun 26 2011, 9:12 pm
Any time I hurt myself like I stub my toe, bang my finger, bite my tongue...I yell OWWW! And then I think Hashem is sending me a message, so I send a quick thank you up to him for not sending me hurt much greater than these minor accidents.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics