Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
AHHH I HAVE NO WHERE SACRED TO KEEP MY STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Previous  1  2

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Jun 29 2011, 1:54 pm
keep your cell phone in your purse. I assume they don't routinely rifle through there.

if separate supper for you and dh doesn't work, why not just have a family supper? that way everyone get the attention they need. have a ten minute dessert/coffee/tea time with just dh. if they come interrupt, ignore. do not answer. pretend they are not there. they'll get it eventually.

same goes for your room. your time is your time. hang a sign outside your door that says "mommy is unavailable until _________. if they knock, ignore. if it's an emergency, I suspect they'll be able to let you know.

abby1776

Post Wed, Jun 29 2011, 2:00 pm
My kids are young, but from an early age we have taught them not to go through Ima's pocketbook or Ima and Abba's drawers, that they cannot play with Ima or Abba's phone and to knock on doors before entering. It may be a problem in the future, but if you start training them early, it shouldnt be so surprising.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 29 2011, 3:33 pm
I'm also concerned where to relocate all my stuff, since my eldest has started having her periods. It made it easier and not, in a sence I can freely buy pads in her presence, but have to relocate my bdika cloths. Although she never asked and they are in the same drawer in the bathroom.
I'd never keep anything personal in the stockings drawer, since they do borrow mine sometimes. I keep my shkiah-tvilah calendar in my underwear drawer, on the bottom.
But you were speaking about her being intrusive late in the evening when you need it the least and it's harder.

What I actually wanted to say, is I'm myself far from a perfect mother but wanted to share. Recently I attended a chinuch course, where there was a talk about personal time with each of your children in order to sheppen naches. It's about 20 minutes a week, behind a closed door doing whatever, just you and your child. Could be just sitting silent, or talking about whatever your child would want to talk about. It teaches them, that their mother is for them and nobody else, there are such moments. It teaches the rest of the family, guarding your closed door from themselves and the younger ones at the time, that there's time and place, where you could be an intruder. It teaches to respect someone else's privacy. In the same light you could represent your private time with your dh, saying, now it's our sheppen naches with tatty.

Just thought it could be helpful for you as well as for me, sorry for the megilah Wink
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children