Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Tips for Hosting Sheva Brachot

6yeladim

Post Wed, Jun 29 2011, 3:18 pm
I wrote an article for Maven Mall--would welcome your questions or comments!

How to Make Sheva Brachot

out of town rebbitzen

Post Wed, Jun 29 2011, 10:34 pm
This sounds like sound advice for hosting any event. Thank you for sharing it.

6yeladim

Post Thu, Jun 30 2011, 1:41 am
out of town rebbitzen wrote:
This sounds like sound advice for hosting any event. Thank you for sharing it.

Thanks, OOTR!

Blimi

Post Thu, Jun 30 2011, 2:16 am
Good practical advice. It's just such a big job and you really have to be organized. I gotta admit that I've been too chicken to host a sheva brachos even though I've been married almost 10 years.
maybe it's time to take the plunge...

JewishMother18

Post Thu, Jun 30 2011, 3:09 am
Blimi wrote:
Good practical advice. It's just such a big job and you really have to be organized. I gotta admit that I've been too chicken to host a sheva brachos even though I've been married almost 10 years.
maybe it's time to take the plunge...

It's really not that hard unless you've not got a lot of space. B"H we've made SB several times and we've done it several times together with other families in our community. It keeps the cost down for each person and also makes less work. We always use lovely disposable plates but real cutlery. Each of us is in charge of a course but we sit together and discuss so that each course goes together. Whichever person is the most busy during that particular time with their business, family or whatever, takes charge of the drinks, paper goods etc. We try and keep receipts so that we can divide it up at the end by the number of families organising.

6yeladim

Post Thu, Jun 30 2011, 4:24 am
It can be tricky to divide up costs--everyone has to be on the same page about expenses. I was once part of a very large group that shared expenses at the end. Some people went out and bought fancy ingredients and there was also twice as much food as necessary, and everyone ended up paying for that. With a large group I've found it's best to let everyone make or bring what they want, according to their budget. With a smaller group that often works together sharing expenses makes more sense.

JewishMother18

Post Thu, Jun 30 2011, 5:48 am
We're usually 3, at the most 4, couples making it so it's never been a problem. We're the same 3 or 4 couples who make Pesach and Rosh Hashanah together too so we're used to dividing!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen