Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Making kids educational.....ideas!

#1mama

Post Fri, Jul 22 2011, 7:10 am
my kids are 5 and younger...
I am interested in tips and ideas on how to get my kids to be more knowledgable, educated and mature.... not just knowing what they are learning in school and a bit at home.

I would really appreciate responses on how you get your kids that way.

mom22qts

Post Fri, Jul 22 2011, 9:03 am
Books are great. Let your kid ask any questions they may have about it and try to use hands on examples to help them understand the answers. Also, try asking them questions that will get them to think- what's going to happen next, what do you think he should do next time differently, etc

Kids learn by experimenting. I try giving them ample opportunities to use different materials predict what will happen, whta they can do to change it etc

Math skills can be bought into lots of what you are doing at home. Just talk about it and they will pick up the examples.

I also love going to the children's museums. There is so much to build on everything that is there.

Good luck!

seeker

Post Fri, Jul 22 2011, 9:29 am
Be interested in the world all around you/them. Make observations and ask questions wondering aloud so they will think to do the same. When they make observations and ask questions, respond with interest and encouragement. Encourage them to think when they ask you questions rather than just giving short answers. (Hm, what do YOU think we should do about that? What do you think will happen if we try this?)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics