Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Fast Dinners

dr.wigs

Post Thu, Jul 28 2011, 7:49 am
I hate spending lots of time in the kitchen, but I am a good cook. What are your quickest and easiest dinner ideas?

tsiggelle

Post Thu, Jul 28 2011, 9:51 am
my easiest recipe that comes out the grandest:

slice onions. put in pan
put cleaned and rinsed chicken quarters on top of that

I put it on 200 celcius (approx) for over an hour, and then according to what it looks like.

for easy side I peel and cut up potatoes, and put on/around the chichen parts.

it gets really crispy without a covering. or cover with foil if you dont like that

buzz

Post Thu, Jul 28 2011, 10:12 am
spaghetti bologneise

chicken and cous cous -

you fry onions add (darks) chicken pieces (cubed, or little pieces) add honey and soy.

put hot water with the cous cous, (the tiny fluffy one) and wait 5 min till it cooks

add the cous cous to the chicken and mix well - it is absolutely delicious and filling.

Burgers on the grill, fresh salad and roast potatoes

for my little kids - oven chips, and scrambled eggs with cheese - their favourite dinnner

stick salmon or trout int he oven with soy and bit of brown sugar- it is delicious serve with mashed potatoes

I never take longer than half max to cook my dinners except stir fry which takes long coz of prep time or homemade pizza which I can do in half an hr if the dough doesn't need to rise

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Jul 28 2011, 10:22 am
scrambled eggs (add a little milk for fluffiness), pasta, steamed veggies (usually broccoli, my kids love that)

chicken with rice/couscous (one pan in oven/crock pot) and sliced cucumber/tomato

grilled cheese with some form of veggie or fruit

stuffed baked potatoes (quick if you have a microwave)

chicken soup. I serve the veggies and chicken in the soup. I know some only serve the broth, but with everything in it it's a whole meal.

leftovers stir-fry. take whatever meat/poultry left overs you have (you can use more than one kind at once). fry onions/scallions, garlic, whatever frozen veggies are handy, add leftovers. spice or sauce as you like.

tuna-stuffed peppers. serve with rice or noodles. just make tuna as your family likes it and put it into a raw pepper per person. no cooking necessary. my kids love the mini sweet peppers, so I stuff those sometimes. they're less messy to eat.

mac and cheese

meatballs and spaghetti. I sometimes add frozen peas to the meatballs.

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Jul 28 2011, 10:23 am
oh, and in a pinch I'd do sliced fruit with yogurt. you can top it with granola or cereal, and it's a nice change from the usual dinners.

tsiggelle

Post Thu, Jul 28 2011, 10:25 am
when I do salmon I like doing it in a black frying pan ( teflon or some other name)

I do it the smallest rings, smallest frame, about 7 minutes, flip , then untill done

without oil, water, spices.. delicious

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jul 28 2011, 11:52 am
all of my dinners are fast. you can look under my name here for recipes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen