Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Behavioral Therapist in Five Towns/Far Rockaway area

amother

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 4:19 pm
Anyonehave a behavioural therapist 9counsellin/play therapist) in the 5T/Far Rockaway neigborthood they would recommend for a 7 year old boy with ADHD?

Thanks in advance!

amother

Post Mon, Jul 25 2011, 4:29 pm
Chaim/Howard Winter, LCSW. I don't know his number, but he works at Pesach Tikvah as well as at his private practice in Bayswater. You can call them for the phone #. if you still can't get it please pm and I will try to get it for you.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 28 2011, 10:26 am
I am not the op, but I have a 4 year old who was recommended to do play therapy. do you know if he takes child health plus? and if not, how can I reach him? (I dont know what pesach tikva is)

thanks!

amother

Post Thu, Jul 28 2011, 10:49 am
Not sure what insurance he takes, I know him through a different affiliation than his play therapy job, but he is great. I don't have his phone # directly, but the # for Pesach tikvah is 718.875.6900. They are an agency in brooklyn giving mental health services. If you still can't reach him like that let me know and I will work to get his personal #.

sped

Post Thu, Jul 28 2011, 11:44 am
What about Dr. Davidn Pelcovitz? Does he do private clients? He is really wonderful!

amother

Post Thu, Jul 28 2011, 11:46 am
Yossi Feintuch. Don't have his number but I have heard very good things about his work.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 28 2011, 8:56 pm
Again not the op here, but thanks! Names are really helpful. Can anyone provide phone numbers? And also (if you know) whether or not they take child health plus?
Op, I hope you don't mind me asking these questions on your thread. If you do please let me know and I will start my own.

6coop

Post Thu, Jul 28 2011, 11:01 pm
sped wrote:
What about Dr. Davidn Pelcovitz? Does he do private clients? He is really wonderful!

I actually called him a couple of years ago about my ds, and he wasn't taking private clients, but he did refer me to other people so it might be a good idea to call him for that reason. My ds ended up getting enough services through the board of ed, so we didn't have to use anyone privately, and I don't remember any of the names that Dr. Pelkovitz gave me.

YTYoungMother

Post Fri, Jul 29 2011, 12:14 am
Pearl Abramowitz - AMAZING person. Don't know contact info but you can google her. She also gives parenting classes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)