Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Renting a Vacation Home

amother

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 9:41 pm
A few guys asked my husband if they can get together and rent a vacation house for a shabbos at the end of the summer. My husband found something. We would have the rent, security and cleaning fee. Is my husband allowed to ask all the guys to split it or do we have to pay the entire bill?. What happends if we try to split it and one of the couples don't want to pay? How do you work it out with the food? I don't want to be the one cooking for everybody because it won't be a vacation for me. Please let me know how you do it? Or anybody out there did it and had a bad experience?

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 9:52 pm
I've never done it with couples, but my brother does it occasionally with a group of bochurim.

housing costs: split by number of families coming. find out how much e/t is, contact each, and say, "that will cost $x per couple. I need the money the week before so I can pay on time." do not ask, state. they don't pay, they don't come.

food: either e/o covers their own groceries, or you organize a menu, along with who cooks what when. again, arrange this beforehand. bring a disposable grill and let the guys do as much cooking as possible.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 03 2011, 9:19 pm
Bump

cip

Post Wed, Aug 03 2011, 9:33 pm
what md said

amother

Post Thu, Aug 04 2011, 10:28 am
My husband called one of his friends to tell him how much the house rental costs and the friend answered him "I thought you are going to treat me."

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 04 2011, 12:48 pm
amother wrote:
My husband called one of his friends to tell him how much the house rental costs and the friend answered him "I thought you are going to treat me."

Did I read correctly? After they called you asking if you'd like to get together to rent a home??

I did read the correct orginal post, didn't I?

amother wrote:
A few guys asked my husband if they can get together and rent a vacation house for a shabbos at the end of the summer.

Don't go! Even if you wanted a good time with your friends. They are users and abusers.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 04 2011, 12:52 pm
amother wrote:

Please skip the vacation. If you need some leaches you can try your local pet store.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 04 2011, 1:16 pm
OP here
The answer is "YES"
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette