Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Restaurants with Sukkahs in Yerushalayim

gumby

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 11:36 am
Hi I know it is a bit early, but I have off no so I want to try to plan everything while I am not too busy... Anyone know of any restaurants in Yerushalyim that have a succah so that I can prepay to eat there when it is still chag for me. Looking in the area close to the Citadel, Plaza, Inbal hotels. We want to do both fleishigs and milchigs.
Thanks

shalhevet

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 3:15 pm
I think all the mehadrin restaurants and many others have a sukka. But, beware - they are not always kosher. You really need to check before (I don't really know how you can - maybe find out if the mashgiach is also responsible for the sukka, and talk to him). A lot of the restaurant sukkas I've seen have cloth "walls" that are not fastened down according to halacha.

hila

Post Wed, Aug 03 2011, 12:59 am
If it is chag for you (are you sure this is the psak ? ask your Rav) then you may be more comfortable in your hotel where there are others keeping 2nd day chag. In the streets of Jerusalem it will be Chol Hamoed - with frum Jews driving, going on busses and enjoying the vacation days.

However you wont have a problem with a succa. Almost every restaurant has one. And there are plenty of those in Jerusalem. Since you can carry anyway - take water and snacks with you for the day if you are walking a lot.

Enjoy the vacation.

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Aug 03 2011, 1:03 am
First of all, maybe your hotel has meals?

Second, as PP said, almost all mehadrin restarants have a Sukah. It is was too early to call any of them but look in any phone book and you shouldn't have a problem.

gumby

Post Thu, Aug 04 2011, 1:16 pm
My hotel does have meals, but I prefer not to eat all my meals there for numerous reasons. I like variety and would love to try new places that have succas, but specifically I need a place where I can prepay before so that I can eat there when it is yom tov for me and chol hamoed for Israelis.

momaleh

Post Thu, Aug 04 2011, 1:30 pm
We used to do that all the time when I was younger and my parents took us to Israel for succos. Primavera is wonderful and you can prepay. We used to eat at Little Italy, but I'm not sure what they're hechsher is these days. Try Sheyan and Keyara, although both are expensive. There is a wonderful fish/pasta restaurant called Angelo's where we ate a meal as well, mehadrin Yerushalayim. I can't vouch for any of the succas being kosher.

CuteGirl613

Post Thu, Aug 04 2011, 1:31 pm
All the restaurants take your credit card number before yom tov. If you are not a large family I think you are a bit early to reserve. Sheyan usually fills up very early.

gumby

Post Sun, Aug 07 2011, 3:45 pm
Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics