Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Cranberries

peppermint

Post Sun, Aug 21 2011, 1:37 am
I want to try a recipe from ra_mom that uses cranberries but I never used cranberries before so I have a few questions Smile

Where can I buy frozen cranberries in brooklyn? I tried pathmark, stop and shop and mountain fruit

Do fresh cranberries need to be checked for bugs or do you just wash them? also do they come with pits that have to be removed like cherries?

chanahlady

Post Sun, Aug 21 2011, 10:35 am
AFAIK you just wash the cranberries. They do not have pits. Not sure where to buy them, though. Next time cranberry season rolls around, buy a fresh bag or two and freeze them. Then you'll have your frozen cranberries.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Aug 21 2011, 10:49 am
peppermint wrote:
I want to try a recipe from ra_mom that uses cranberries but I never used cranberries before so I have a few questions Smile

Where can I buy frozen cranberries in brooklyn? I tried pathmark, stop and shop and mountain fruit

Do fresh cranberries need to be checked for bugs or do you just wash them? also do they come with pits that have to be removed like cherries?
Mountainfruit didn't have frozen cranberries?
Almost all supermarkets I've been to have them. In BP you can find them at the Kollel Store and Super 13 for sure.
So try Moishe's.

Last edited by ra_mom on Sun, Aug 21 2011, 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Aug 21 2011, 10:57 am
No pits, just wash them, and yes they're impossible to find at times other than Thanksgiving time.

nylon

Post Sun, Aug 21 2011, 12:56 pm
Cranberries are naturally hard and waxy when raw. I don't think bugs want to eat them any more than people do--they'll stick to the nice soft raspberries Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen