Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Do you leave your kids behind?
Previous  1  2

vicki

Post Wed, Aug 31 2011, 1:35 pm
I should have added that we do tons of stuff as a family: annual camping trip, water parks...

thankyou

Post Thu, Sep 01 2011, 5:55 am
This is the first time that I find IMAMOTHER shocking.
When I grew up my parents would travel a few times a year and would only take the "baby" -whoever was youngest at the time. When we grew up even more and there were no babies- they would go alone.
My siblings and certain friends do the same. They leave their kids with family (if possible) or with a babysitter who knows the kids well enough.
I dont know what I will do. I offered to take my niece this week as DS and BIL were going away .I told my sister that I dont think I would leave a baby with her necause its strange for me to leave my baby behind and she was offended (well, I am a living proof- in so many ways- that we do not have to follow our parents' steps Smile )
But it amazes me that most people here answered that they wouldnt leave their kids behind. Thats really amazing. and interesting. Is it really so anbormal to leave your kids behind?

Sugar plum

Post Thu, Sep 01 2011, 9:22 am
My husband and I go away for an extended weekend (thursday to sunday night) every summer. I am a stay at home mother and feel this little break really refreshes me and makes me a better parent. I am B"H able to leave my son with my parents so that's not an issue. It's also really great to have that absolute alone time with my husband and reconnect.

Aribenj

Post Thu, Sep 01 2011, 10:20 pm
We try to get away every other year, even if it's for one or two nights. Even if we stay at a hotel the next town over.

My parents or In Laws usually move in with the kids, and we hire a babysitter to help them while we're gone if we have to.

I think it's important to spend time with your kids. But I think it's even more important to have some alone bonding time with your spouse, and have the opportunity to come home refreshed, renewed and ready to parent again.

My kids actually look foward to these trips bc they know they can get away with murder when their grandparents are in charge...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics