Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Gym at wolfson

amother

Post Sun, Sep 04 2011, 12:32 pm
razim - does anyone go there? I have no idea why I am SO anxious about this, but I just bought a membership and I'm all nervous - it's just for women - is it safe enough to take my headscarf off? what do other people do? (I'm newly married - NO experience with this. just want to get a feel so make my own mind up). is it friendly? when I went in, there were lots of old people. is it mainly old people?

I'm pretty shy and uncoordinated - should I be worried about doing classes?> when are the busiest times of day?

aahhh.... WHY AM I FEELING LIKE THIS?! please help me assuage my anxiety by answering my questions if you can :-/

I don't know if I've made the wrong decision -I'm really really overweight but also want to spend time with husband after work. if I go to the gym, will I be able to? I need to be more organized. I need to plan in advance. I need to DAVEN for help!

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Sep 04 2011, 5:21 pm
I've never been there but just go and have a great time.
When I was first married I used to remove my tichel at the gym I went to in bnei Brak but I think people thought I wasn't religious! Now I'm and old married woman and my hair is gross and I feel naked without my head covered so if I go to a gym I wear a bandana.

I think you should pat yourself on the back for signing up at the gym. You're going to get active and you'll be feeling much better about yourself and life. Just you wait.

Enjoy and don't process it too much. Just do it.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 06 2011, 3:13 pm
thank you - I really appreciate your supportiveness. I went and it was nice. I was gentle on myself and I hope I'll continue to go in order t ogive myself kindness.

shabri

Post Tue, Sep 06 2011, 3:48 pm
I used to go there about 3 years ago. Stopped b/c I just didn't have time. I mostly did the treadmill and elliptical but went to some classes. I found the instructors nice and as long as you can follow the Hebrew you should be ok. I went to mainly weight training classes and Zumba (which I loved I think the teacher was Tracy)

In terms of what you wear, anything goes. Be aware that the manager is male but is pretty careful not to come in. I def worked out in pants, I prob also took off my tichel but I don't remember. There are lots of frum people that work out there is all different things--nobody really cares.

Hope it works out

shabri

Post Tue, Sep 06 2011, 3:50 pm
Oh the busiest times were generally mornings (lots of younger people then) and nights. If you go late afternoon/evening it should be much quieter. But you might not have such a good class selection
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise