Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Barmitzvah venues in jerusalem

amother

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 9:13 am
hi,
can anybody recommend some suitable venues to host an evening barmitzvah at a reasonable price <200NIS per head?

I would be wanting to host about 120 people and I am specifically looking for something with a nice ambience and decor,ie not a run down shul hall, not something like kalev or satmar which are quite nice but a bit bland

any links to possible venues would be great

thanks!!!

amother

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 12:01 pm
anyone????

catonmylap

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 12:18 pm
Did you check the prices in hotels?

I have no idea about prices...my cousins had nice bar/bat mitzvah parties in different hotels...Renaissance, and the hyatt. They were very nice...

and maybe checkout the hall entrecote has in Har Hotzvim...

what do you need, kashrut wise?

amother

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 1:27 pm
thanks catonmylap

the hotels I have looked into are a bit out of my budget unfortunately!!
Entrecote looks like it might fit the bill form its website, I am will check it out. Have you ever actually been to a simcha there? How was it? Food, atmosphere etc From the pic it looks really good, but I know from experience that pics usually promise much more than they deliver...

Also does anyone know anything about ramat rachel? is it mehadrin?

Hashemlovesme

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 2:58 pm
I'm not sure about venues, but are you looking for a musician? My husband is a keyboardist, who has a lot of experience, & is trying to get his name out in Israel. Please pm me if you would like more info. TIA.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 3:32 pm
I sent u a pm
Thanks

shalhevet

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 3:41 pm
amother wrote:

Also does anyone know anything about ramat rachel? is it mehadrin?

Ramat Rachel is not mehadrin AFAIK (at least it wasn't a year or two ago). Also it isn't Rabbanut Yerushalayim, but a different rabbanut.

I once went to a very nice mehadrin hall a little way down on Yaffo (the low numbers, like between the CBS and the Davidka) called something Yerushalayim (ha, ha). I'll try and remember the name.

shalhevet

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 3:47 pm
What do you know? Google was my friend and I found it - it's called ahuzat Yerushalayim

http://www.d.co.il/74176520/990/

It was mehadrin when I was there (always check if things haven't changed) but I have no idea of prices, though I imagine it would be cheaper than a hotel.

mummy-bh

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 5:38 am
How far in advance of my son's barmitzva do I need to start thinking about halls and caterers? I have over a year to go, but seeing this thread has reminded me that my mother asked me recently if I have booked anything!

shalhevet

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 5:56 am
It really depends what kind of style you want. We booked maybe 6-8 months ahead (a shul hall) and they thought we were nuts and said it must be our first son. But, on the other hand, if someone else would have booked that hall for the same date two days earlier, we wouldn't have had it. So I say, if you know - book. Especially if you want only bo bayom/ that Shabbos in one specific place. Who cares what anyone thinks?

To get an idea what some people here do, the gabbai of the shul phoned about two weeks before the bar mitzva to ask if it would be possible for someone else to use the shul hall on the motzai Shabbos, because they wanted to book it for their son's bar mitzva...

Marion

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 6:44 am
Ramat Rachel is Rabbanut Mateh Yehuda. Mehadrin is an option, but costs extra.

We were at a nice bar mitzvah in Beit Yisrael (that's the hall; it's in Ezrat Torah). Definitely mehadrin; it was a Chabad simcha. Also, do you need something with separate entrances or just a mechitza?

ETA: We were told that Ramat Rachel uses Landau chicken and Beit Yosef meat when we asked (several years back), so you may still want to look into that.

jshebson

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 3:29 pm
There is a great party resource guide on Fun In Jerusalem.Fun In Jerusalem Party resources

There are some great venues depending on what type of party you are looking for. Many of the museums can be rented out, hotels, and some great restaurants with views of the old City or within the Old City.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 19 2011, 3:37 pm
op here, thanks for you replies, they have given me some food for thought
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions