Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Recipe for Apple roses?

youngmommy

Post Sun, Sep 17 2006, 5:07 pm
Anyone have the recipe and instructions for making the gorgeous roses that are made out of apple slices? I saw them by a simcha recently and I would love to try them for Yom tov.

Esther01

Post Sun, Sep 17 2006, 5:12 pm
I would love to know how to do that... I hope someone can post directions...

chen

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 6:08 am
are you sure it's apples and not turnips?

youngmommy

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 7:23 am
Positive its apples!!!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 7:52 am
if you're eating them, turnips aren't much of a dessert.....

mendels mommy

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 8:19 am
are you sure roses not a bird?!

Chanie

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 10:31 am
when I was preparing for my sons upshernish last year, my dh bought me the Aristocratic Fruits cookbook by Tammy Polatsek to help me with fruit platter ideas. She has brilliant fruit art in there. (although I cannot tell you off hand if she has apple flowers specifically, I'll have to check when I remember and I'm in the kitchen)

batya_d

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 1:56 pm
I make radish roses to garnish my gefilte fish plates for yomtov. So pretty!! Cut slits all around the radish edge, SOAK IN COLD WATER for at least 30 mins. It will blossom in the cold water.

red sea

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 2:40 pm
Chanie wrote:
when I was preparing for my sons upshernish last year, my dh bought me the Aristocratic Fruits cookbook by Tammy Polatsek to help me with fruit platter ideas. She has brilliant fruit art in there. (although I cannot tell you off hand if she has apple flowers specifically, I'll have to check when I remember and I'm in the kitchen)

she does but I cannot figure out how to do it even from the directions

mali

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 1:34 am
Chanie wrote:
I know for a fact that the apple flower in that picture is a mango that went through photoshop editing. (You can check for yourself, if you have that book at home. Turn to the page with the mango rose, and compare.) Apples aren't flexible enough to make roses out of.

batya_d

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 8:33 am
mali wrote:
Chanie wrote:
I know for a fact that the apple flower in that picture is a mango that went through photoshop editing. (You can check for yourself, if you have that book at home. Turn to the page with the mango rose, and compare.) Apples aren't flexible enough to make roses out of.

Wow, what a sleuth!!

happy2beme

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 9:16 am
Quote:
Wow, what a sleuth!!

wow, batya, I haven't heard that word since I stopped reading nancy drew LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics