Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Do you trust the allergy labeling on these Israeli brands:

poemmom

Post Thu, Sep 22 2011, 5:43 am
Hamotag--
the powdered coconut says "may have traces of gluten"-- is it really free of traces of other kinds of nuts? Want to be sure b/c most brands I've seen in the past process their coconut along with almonds, peanuts, etc.

Maimon's--
boxed cake mixes say "contains gluten, may contain traces of eggs". In the past their packages warned about nuts-- do you think its true that they no longer have that issue?

Mommy3.5

Post Fri, Sep 23 2011, 10:25 am
poemmom wrote:
Hamotag--
the powdered coconut says "may have traces of gluten"-- is it really free of traces of other kinds of nuts? Want to be sure b/c most brands I've seen in the past process their coconut along with almonds, peanuts, etc.

Maimon's--
boxed cake mixes say "contains gluten, may contain traces of eggs". In the past their packages warned about nuts-- do you think its true that they no longer have that issue?

I am the US and I do not buy Israeli products, because we have had allergy issues with them in the past. I don't specifically know about the products your asking about. I would suggest you call the companies.

Tamiri

Post Fri, Sep 23 2011, 10:39 am
המותג is an off-brand and not only will it be very difficult to get an answer (tons of suppliers branded under that name) I would not really trust an answer I was given. Not because it's Israel, but because it's not one reputable supplier. One month it can be supplier a and another month supplier b. Even the country of origin can change - and who knows the standards in each place?
Maimon I would call and see if someone who seems knowledgeable has a direct answer. If I were VERY allergic I would probably not trust anything other than a very major brand which has major dealings in Europe and other Continents where there are stringent standards.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics