Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Shabbos-y headbands??

ianaii

Post Sat, Oct 08 2011, 2:34 pm
anyone know where I can buy nice shabbasy headbands for my band fall in yerushalayim/ online??

tia!

Mommy F.

Post Sat, Oct 08 2011, 4:43 pm
What's your price range?

There are some nice ones on this site:

http://alizasboutique.com/heforfa1.html

Mommy F.

Post Sat, Oct 08 2011, 4:50 pm
This site also has Shabbos type headbands

http://www.coveryourhair.com/I.....e_all

Maybe if you tell us what colors you like, or what styles you like we can help you more!

Ex. Do you like rhinestones? Do you like feathers? Do you like flowers? Glitter? Lace? Shiny?
there's lots of options!

freidasima

Post Sat, Oct 08 2011, 4:50 pm
Wow those are darned expensive! I make my own, costs next to nothing and even someone without a machine can hand sew. anytime I make an outfit I make a matching headband as I wear them with my sheitls as well, always. You can for something really nice, buy a piece of stretch black net with really big holes, like fishnet, and then buy a piece of satin, iron it into a band the right size to go 80% around your head, and then put it into the fishnet so that the color shows but being stretch fishnet folded around the satin you then tie it around your fall, because the satin doesn't go all the way around it is easy to tie and doesn't bunch up but you get satin the color of your dress and then you have a really snazzy matching outfit and all for the cost of about 20 shekel. Maybe even less.

Either that or buy a piece of black satin or black velvet, cut to size, add a piece of black elastic so that it will fit and you can glue things on it to make it nice, rhinestones, pearls, crystals, any crafts store will sell you the stuff along with the glue you will need or you can sew them on. A few minutes work and cheap gorgeous headbands. I must have thirty different kinds in different colors.

Mommy F.

Post Sat, Oct 08 2011, 5:06 pm
Alright, this is my last idea for you . . .

I have a gorgeous DaCee headband I usually save it for yom tov or chassanas, there are some on this site, that are wide enough for a band fall.

http://www.myheadcoverings.com.....;SKU=

Mommy F.

Post Sat, Oct 08 2011, 5:23 pm
Freidasima, can you post pics of your headbands. That sounds really interesting to make your own.
Sounds like you can start a business Smile

zaq

Post Sat, Oct 08 2011, 7:48 pm
So am I the only one who thinks those headbands embellished with feathers, large flowers, tulle puffs, sequin appliques and so on are childish? They're adorable on the preschool set and passable up to age twelve. But an adult woman bedecked like a six-year-old at a birthday party is broadcasting "I'm insecure, immature and have taste to match. Please like me anyway." JMHO of course.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels