Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Girls and pleasuring

amother

Post Tue, Oct 18 2011, 2:25 pm
sorry to be blunt but is this allowed? I know it's discouraged for boys but what about girls?

amother

Post Tue, Oct 18 2011, 2:30 pm
how old is your daughter? is she really doing this in public or in the view of others/inappropriately? unless that is the case, that she is doing this in rooms other than her bedroom, I would simply tell my daughter "darling, this is for when you are in private".

I'm not quite sure what the Torah teaching is but I am pretty sure it's not forbidden to a girl. you should know it is totally 100% natural, especially for a teenage girl, and also in my opinion even healthy for her to understand about her body and how it functions.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 18 2011, 4:01 pm
As far as I know there is no issur for girls/women to m*sturbate. And I know that many teens (and adults too) do it, so your daughter is very normal. As long as she does it in private then she is fine.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 18 2011, 4:01 pm
As far as I know there is no issur for girls/women to m*sturbate. And I know that many teens (and adults too) do it, so your daughter is very normal. As long as she does it in private then she is fine.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 19 2011, 12:28 am
Discouraged for boys? Yes. Like pork.
Read up on it. It is discouraged for GIRLS, and extremely forbidden for boys.

The fact that it is commonly done doesn't mean anything. Being frei also is actually the majority.

Judaism is not politically correct, but it is protecting us, not limiting us.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 19 2011, 1:03 am
I once asked this question to a rabbi through Aish.com's "ask a rabbi" feature, and he said it was permitted for girls to m*sterbate as long as they do not engage in lesbian activities.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 19 2011, 3:27 am
Someone once told me the Rambam said it was a toevah but that it wasn't 100% assur. Not sure about source of that, though, but there's a lead if you want to confirm it. I'd advise you to pick your battles with your teenage daughter though.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 19 2011, 5:01 am
amother wrote:
Discouraged for boys? Yes. Like pork.
Read up on it. It is discouraged for GIRLS, and extremely forbidden for boys.

The fact that it is commonly done doesn't mean anything. Being frei also is actually the majority.

Judaism is not politically correct, but it is protecting us, not limiting us.

Imamother's stellar reasoning skills fast at work! Rolling Eyes

Really? Whether a behavior is "commonly done" (because it is psychologically and developmentally normal)"doesnt mean anything" just because you can name examples of activities in totally unrelated contexts that are "commonly done" but "bad" ?

What a sad sad little world you live in if your Judaism's function is to "protect" you from your own normalcy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children