Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
How much to pay a girl to pick up DD for bus stop?

amother

Post Sat, Oct 22 2011, 7:54 pm
At first I wrote out the post with the full story (a vent!) but then thought of the 'what if she's on imamother!' and chickened out Smile
Basically, I have a neighbor who literally passes my house to get to the bus stop which is right by my house (about 45 seconds?). for personal reasons, she has picked up my DD for over a year but not with a smile, so now that I need to ask her again for this year I really don't want to as I feel like she does it so begrudgingly.
My mother said to swallow my pride and ask= maybe offer to pay her (I always showed hakaras hatov, daily and with a gift at the end of the year). I myself would never dream of taking money for something I'm doing anyway (ie her going to the bus stop) so I can't believe I would need to. But, nevertheless, if that's what it takes, I really need my DD picked up this year.

so, how much do you think I should offer to pay this 7/8th grader? (again, it's not out of her way, and is tops a minute away)

(oops, I see I vented anyway! Smile )

Raisin

Post Sat, Oct 22 2011, 8:03 pm
I think $5 a week would be more then enough.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette