Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Itunes/ipod help needed please

de_goldy

Post Sat, Oct 22 2011, 7:17 pm
I have an old ipod nano.
For a long time I wasn't sure how to upload music at all. Then I sat down with it one night and figure it out - uploaded all my CDs to itunes and then to my ipod. That was several years ago on a computer which is long dead.
I now want to add new music to my ipod.
I recall hearing that if you plug an ipod into a different computer all the music already on it gets erased. Is that correct? And does that mean I cannot upload any more music to this ipod? Is there a way to make this work?
Appreciate all suggestions - in simple terms please!
Thanks all!

ETA: no idea why ipod is coming up as a link...

September June

Post Mon, Oct 24 2011, 8:50 pm
This used to be the case but enough ppl. got annoyed with itunes so they changed it.

You can do to things to keep the music on your current ipod.
1. Copy the music from your ipod onto your computer. Add the music files from your computer to itunes.
Connect your ipod to itunes and erase all your music and reconnect it.
*I did this and it erased the names of many of my songs and renamed it random letters of the ABC*
This can take a while if oyu have alot of music on your old ipod.
If you want to do this, you can pm me for instructions, its too long to type out here.

2. Switch your ipod from autofill to manuel mode, this is very simple to do.
Connect your ipod to your computer
turn on itunes
itunes will ask if you would like to erase all the music on your ipod, select no
Click on your ipod in the itunes sidebar
Under options, select manually manage music and videos

You will have to manually add and delete any music that goes on your ipod on Manual mode.

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Oct 25 2011, 8:23 am
YOu can also try...if you set up an itunes on your old computer, try logging into that account from another computer it might still have all your music. Someone told me to try this once but I never did, instead I loaded all my songs onto my computer, erased my ipod and reloaded everything back onto the itunes/ipod like september june said above.

September June

Post Tue, Oct 25 2011, 3:06 pm
I had an 2 itunes music libraries on to different libraries. They are networked but itunes only allows you to play songs from the networked library.
Signing into Itunes only lets you purchase music.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics