Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Looking For Gown For Teen Daughter

Flower97

Post Sun, Oct 30 2011, 11:29 pm
Any one have any suggestions where to get a gown for my 15 yr old dgr. I would prefer to buy but if anyone knows of any better rental places in flatbush I would check it out. I've checked a few dept stores but the stuff they have is to old looking.

themrs

Post Sun, Oct 30 2011, 11:50 pm
hi. I have two beautiful gowns worn once that I would like to sell. They were worn by my daughters for their sisters wedding and they were made by valentina bridal on New Utrect. I dont know what size you are looking for. These are size 10. PM me if you would like to come over to see them.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 31 2011, 6:22 am
Run to davids Bridal on Flatbush Avenue Right next to Target. They have gorgeous jumper gowns in like 40 colors and my DD has worn one of them as have many of my neighbors kids. They are under 200 dollars each and are yours to keep!

Between all the shell stores out there its pretty easy to match up a shell.

For a few dollars , they will give you a piece of the material and you can go out to get it matched.

Flower97

Post Mon, Oct 31 2011, 1:54 pm
Thanks for the offer themrs but my dgtr is a small size. Do you mind if I ask you what valentina charges to make up a dress?

Dini20

Post Mon, Oct 31 2011, 6:06 pm
I just bought my 15 year old a gown in loehmanns. I can email you a pic if you want to borrow it. She's a size 4

Flower97

Post Mon, Oct 31 2011, 9:38 pm
Wow. Everyone is so nice here with their offers. Did you go to the lohemans in Brooklyn? She is normally smaller then a 4 unless it runs small. Im always worried about borrowing in case something happens to the dress and also if it needs alterations.

Dini20

Post Tue, Nov 01 2011, 8:25 am
Yes to the loehmanns in brooklyn. They have a very small selection (most not nice) you have to get lucky but with all the discounts it was $42!alterations were $65 (it was a size 8) - more than the gown itself. But that's still a great price. My sil rented gowns for her teenage girls in boro park but they paid $250 each. Do you want me to find out where it is?

Dini20

Post Tue, Nov 01 2011, 8:26 am
Oh, & my daughter is a large 4. If you wanted to buy it off me, I would be willing to sell it.

Dini20

Post Tue, Nov 01 2011, 8:27 am
I see when I wrote size 8 with the parentheses it turned into a smiley face. Smile

Flower97

Post Tue, Nov 01 2011, 8:42 am
I didnt even start looking yet. I'm going to look around and hopefully I will find something.
What color and style is the gown. You were able to take it in 2 sizes and it still looks good?

Dini20

Post Tue, Nov 01 2011, 9:51 am
It was a very small 8 & she's a big 4 so... But I'll let you know, I haven't gotten it back from the dressmaker yet. Smile

amother

Post Tue, Nov 01 2011, 2:41 pm
you can look online too. nordstrom sometimes has nice gowns, the jumper ones make them look less adult-like so be sure to look at those.

Queen18

Post Tue, Nov 01 2011, 2:47 pm
If you are open to renting it may by worth checking out Sarelee 718-338-8826. She has a great eye and outfitting my younger sisters for two weddings when they ranged in age from 15-23.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics