Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Wrinkle free shirts

amother

Post Thu, Apr 07 2011, 10:16 pm
Not sure which forum to put this in but I would like to buy my husband wrinkle free shirts, but they seem really expensive... brooks brothers is 88 dollars a shirt (at least that's what it says on their website)- any idea where I can but this kind of shirt for cheaper?

runninglate

Post Thu, Apr 07 2011, 10:28 pm
marshalls, tj max, century. not brooks brothers, but other companies, also non iron. my dh also ordered from jos. a bank recently.

mom2bsn

Post Fri, Apr 08 2011, 12:22 am
we used to get from brooks brothers and now we get from jcpenny. much cheaper and we like the quality better

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Apr 08 2011, 10:14 am
We've always gotten from JC Penney; dh needs the fitted shirts and they aren't cheap. They do go on sale though.

Nomad

Post Fri, Apr 08 2011, 10:49 am
I think lands end has them too and they have coupons and sales a lot

skcomputer

Post Fri, Apr 08 2011, 10:55 am
I have found that other shirts that say no-iron are NO WHERE near as crisp looking coming out of the drier than the Brooks Brothers shirts. The best time to buy from BB is on Dec 26 from opening until 1pm because the shirts are on sale and there's an extra 15% off (there's also a summer sale, but I don't think there's the extra 15% off). In my book, expensive, but worth it.

StrawberrySmoothie

Post Fri, Apr 08 2011, 11:30 am
Brooks Brothers are the best! Go to their outlet store and stock up!

zaq

Post Fri, Apr 08 2011, 1:09 pm
BTW, unless your dh wrinkly shirts are affecting your Shalom Bayis, this doesn't belong in "Tips and Ideas for a Better Marriage." Try Household Management or Inquiries.

amother

Post Fri, Apr 08 2011, 3:00 pm
zaq wrote:
BTW, unless your dh wrinkly shirts are affecting your Shalom Bayis, this doesn't belong in "Tips and Ideas for a Better Marriage." Try Household Management or Inquiries.

OP here thanks so much for all the great tips. Zaq- this actually IS affecting my shalom bayis (all the ironing is driving me nuts) but as I specified in my first post I didnt know which forum to put it in. why does it bother you?
Thanks again to everyone else for the helpful insight

shoshina

Post Fri, Apr 08 2011, 3:06 pm
LL Bean. Also good for tsnius casual dresses for you. Has gadgets that keep DH occupied while I shop.

pobody's nerfect

Post Fri, Apr 08 2011, 3:41 pm
we love the brooks brothers shirts. they are REALLY truly non-iron, even after 2 years.
I've heard (but cannot verify) that if a shirt rips or even gets stained within a certain amount of time after purchase (something around 2 or 3 years- and the date of purchase is stamped inside the shirt) they will replace it for free. DH is going to look into it soon as some of his white shabbos shirts are looking stained.

shanie5

Post Fri, Apr 08 2011, 6:56 pm
pobody's nerfect wrote:
we love the brooks brothers shirts. they are REALLY truly non-iron, even after 2 years.
I've heard (but cannot verify) that if a shirt rips or even gets stained within a certain amount of time after purchase (something around 2 or 3 years- and the date of purchase is stamped inside the shirt) they will replace it for free. DH is going to look into it soon as some of his white shabbos shirts are looking stained.

DS got a couple of hand me down BB shirts and when they were ripped or stained he returned them -as far as I know he had no problem with BB replacing them.

up2the1above

Post Wed, Apr 27 2011, 9:43 pm
We also love Brooks Brothers! They look amazing even after a whole long day! You can buy at the outlet stores. They're a little cheaper and the exact same shirts as far as I know.

gold21

Post Wed, Apr 27 2011, 10:42 pm
Paul Frederick and Land's End

curiousgeorge1

Post Tue, Nov 08 2011, 1:13 pm
Brooks Brothers are definitely better quality and the wrinkle free really stays. I cant either afford them so we just buy them for shabbos by their 50% off sale.

bigprincess

Post Tue, Nov 08 2011, 1:21 pm
Maybe buy one at the time. When you can afford more buy more.

mynameismom

Post Tue, Nov 08 2011, 1:31 pm
We've tried lots of different ones and my husband's favorite is lands end.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 08 2011, 1:37 pm
my husband only wears bb- white for shabbos, colored during the week. 2x a year, we drive to one of the outlets in jersey (we live in ny) and we get him a few. we also buy the kids their clothes for the season, so we kill two birds with one stone.

Della

Post Tue, Nov 08 2011, 1:40 pm
BB outlet strores are usually 3/$140.Can return within 2 years. Also Nordstrom has excellent non-iron. When they have their sales they're reasonable. BTW, boys sale (July) has non-iron shirts for school or Shabbos, $23.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics