Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Plumber becoming very personal

havefaith

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 8:45 pm
I had a plumber today and while he was working he asked me- ''Do you have plyers?'' I gave him bec. I had them outside. Then he said "Can I keep them-I need a pair of these'' so I said no I need them. Later he asks me -"Do you have two kids?'' and ''Where is your husband?'' At this point I freaked out and asked him''Why are you asking?'' to which he answered- I thought most men are home during the day. yeah right.. He needs to come back tomorrow to finish the job. I am very uncomfortable around him. How do I shut him up?

Happy18

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 8:51 pm
Weird. I would invite a friend over for when he is coming over. I would not want to be alone with him.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 9:22 pm
it is difficult to make judgement on him, but in all cases he should not have asked you any personal questions whatsoever. that is not only very rude but very unprofessional. I don't know what his manner is like or anything and it may be that he is not a dangerous person just very untactful and over- friendly and unprofessional, but I personally would not want to be alone with him in the house. I hate those situations where I am alone with a man and he is flirtatious/scaring me or whatever. I would call someone to come over tomorrow to my house if he is doing the job well, preferably a man.

ntm1

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 9:25 pm
I would def. make sure not to be home alone when he shows up tomorrow!!

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 9:36 pm
I don't like any worker to be personal

amother

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 11:48 pm
Be very careful , my husb worked a few summers ago for an exterminator who seemed too smooth and charming and way too friendly. Long story short. He's divorced now because he had numerous affairs, with supposedly frum women. He was an expert and picking the most lonely vulnerable ones.

MrsDash

Post Wed, Nov 09 2011, 11:52 pm
Tell him that you're the one who clogged up the toilet. The chinese food from the other night didn't sit well with you. That should scare him off.

red_velvet

Post Mon, Nov 14 2011, 4:22 pm
yoshi wrote:
Tell him that you're the one who clogged up the toilet. The chinese food from the other night didn't sit well with you. That should scare him off.

Lmao!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics