Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Anyone know how to make a mexican soft corn tortilla?

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 3:53 pm
I just bought some soft corn tortillas. I saw some street vendor in Mexico making them while on vacation. He had a big crowd. From what I could see it looked like he only had a meat mixture. He fried them on both sides. The meat looked like beef.
Any ideas how to make a mexican style soft corn tortilla. They looked nothing like the American version.

Thank you.

Smiling Wife

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 4:00 pm
you want to know how to make the actual dough that is shaped into a flat circle? Or the meat mixture that is put on top of it?
Also most kosher american ones are probably made with wheat flour not corn flour...either way the corn one is a mixture of corn flour "HARINA DE MAIZ" I think the brand MASECA has one that is CRC.
It is about 2 cups flour to 1 and 1/4th cup water, combine till mized and smooth, make into balls and cover for a bit ( 15 min?) then shape into the balls. I use a roller pin but my MIL who is a real spanish balaboosta flattens them with her fingers...
I am not sure if this is the recipe you want but if yes I can elaborate and be more precise.

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 7:17 pm
Oh Thank you. l am so excited.

I found the tortillas. I never thought to make them.

I just made a mexican style chicken breast soup with three of them cut into strips. My family loved it; but my son in anxious to have the other five.

I am looking for the filling.

I look forward to hearing from you.

lollygirl

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 8:01 pm
So funny because we had this for dinner tonight!!!
I make this recipe:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/t......aspx

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 11:30 pm
lollygirl wrote:
So funny because we had this for dinner tonight!!!
I make this recipe:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/t......aspx

Thank you. I looked at the recipe. It looks delicious. I will definately make it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen