Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Downy dosn't make my towels soft

havefaith

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 1:20 pm
How should I wash them?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 1:32 pm
Using fabric softener is not recommended for towels because it reduces their absorbency.

It probably depends on what type of water you have and your towel quality...I don't have much advice. Maybe baking soda in the wash will help?

spring13

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 2:14 pm
I'd try vinegar, actually.

http://www.vinegartips.com/Scr.....?id=8

Faigy86

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 2:14 pm
If they aren't new, they may not get soft... If they are relatively new, you can try throwing tennis balls, or they make special dryer balls while you are drying them, and that may help.

chocolate chips

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 3:53 pm
Conditioner/softener is not meant to be used with towels. I put mine in thr dryer on a hi temp. and they r fluffy.

MrsDash

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 3:55 pm
I'm usually a very budget-conscious person, but Tide was on sale, and decided to see what all the rage was. (My sisters and friends use it) It is amazing! Everything comes out so soft, and smells incredible. I also use a little oxy clean and snuggles. Hope this helps.

havefaith

Post Sun, Nov 20 2011, 10:10 am
yoshi wrote:
I'm usually a very budget-conscious person, but Tide was on sale, and decided to see what all the rage was. (My sisters and friends use it) It is amazing! Everything comes out so soft, and smells incredible. I also use a little oxy clean and snuggles. Hope this helps.
I use snuggle too. Dosn't help much either. Which tide are you using?

faigie

Post Sun, Nov 20 2011, 11:16 am
I like this strange brand called fabuloso. I work it in a bit differently. I put the tide ( yes im a tide fan) and the fabuloso in at the same time, at the beginning of the wash.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry