Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Newest Barnes and Noble Nook Tablet

Grandma 1

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 10:53 pm
Does anyone have the new Barnes and Noble Nook Tablet? The features sound really nice, and I think that it would be convenient to have tech support at my local Barnes and Noble store. I'd love to hear some reviews. I'm not very tech savvy, so please indulge what might be an obvious question. Do you have to pay a monthly service for these type of devices, above the price of the tablet? If so, who provides this service, and how much does it cost?

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 11:05 pm
I don't have it, but I've seen it.

I have an ipad, so it would be pretty much redundant.

You can get the Wifi only model. With this one, you can only buy new books when you have a wifi connection. I.e. wherever your laptop would connect online. In your house, in Starbucks, etc.

Or you can get the Wifi plus 3G model. The 3G model will pick up the Internet service like a cell phone; basically anywhere. You will only pay a monthly fee for 3G, not for wifi.

For my ipad, there's a choice between $15 and $25 a month, for standard 3G service, in the USA it's through AT&T, depending how much you use the device on the 3G network; I imagine the rates would be similar for a Nook.

RachelEve14

Post Wed, Nov 30 2011, 1:21 am
There is no 3G for the nook. It's wifi only.

I'll be watching because I would really like one. I know there are issues working internationally you have to work around, but my parents are into "big" gifts and I'm pushing them towards this for myself (and to share with the kids). I want the space saving for all the magazines, etc that I get, plus I would love for the kids to have some fresh English reading material (there were kids magazine for about a dollar a month).

RachelEve14

Post Wed, Nov 30 2011, 1:21 am
There is no 3G for the nook. It's wifi only.

I'll be watching because I would really like one. I know there are issues working internationally you have to work around, but my parents are into "big" gifts and I'm pushing them towards this for myself (and to share with the kids). I want the space saving for all the magazines, etc that I get, plus I would love for the kids to have some fresh English reading material (there were kids magazine for about a dollar a month).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars