Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Best glider for nursing twins?

amother

Post Mon, Nov 28 2011, 1:12 pm
Im having twins iyH and I was wondering what are the best gliders for nursing twins, if I want to try to do tandem nursing. I heard that the regular ones will not fit both in the football hold.

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Nov 28 2011, 4:52 pm
IMO, a glider isn't very comfortable for just nursing one. I always tandem nursed the twins in my bed, while using the Brest Friend Twins pillow. When I was at my parents, I really enjoyed nursing them while sitting in a regular Lazyboy type easy chair.

I think that with infants, it's going to be easiest using a nursing pillow, which isn't very practical while sitting in a chair.

Nowadays, I tandem nurse them on the floor, with both of their heads in my lap.

life'sgreat

Post Mon, Nov 28 2011, 8:32 pm
I generally don't tandem nurse, but when I do/did, I agree, it's tough on a glider. A recliner with wider space is really good as you can rest them both on the armrests a bit.

Kumphort

Post Mon, Nov 28 2011, 11:13 pm
I second nursing on the bed, this way you can lay out both babies in front of you, get yourself ready, and then get them settled.

BTW, I have an EZ2nurse pillow to give away if you want, PM me.

Jacoby

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 12:26 am
I agree re the above posters that a glider is not what you need for tandem nursing, but is grea for one at a time.
I have a brand new my brest friend twin nursing pillow if you want to buy off me, lmk.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 30 2011, 2:18 pm
OP here-

thanks all for your advice. Would you all still recommend getting a glider, if I dont use it for tandem nursing?

amother

OP here-

thanks all for your advice. Would you all still recommend getting a glider, if I dont use it for tandem nursing?

amother

OP here-

amother

Post Wed, Nov 30 2011, 2:33 pm
to Jacoby and Komphort above-thanks so much for the offers of nursing pillows. It's my minhag not to prepare anything before I give birth, and Im only due after pesach. Ill have to check in with you guys then. Thanks again

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Nov 30 2011, 2:53 pm
I own a glider, and it's not a comfortable place for me to nurse. I definitely prefer an easy chair and WISH I had one!

When you're alone, it's complicated to set everything up in order to nurse both babies at once. It really needs to be done in the bed with a nursing pillow. When they're older it gets a lot easier, but at the beginning you need to set them up so they're on the bed next to the nursing pillow and then put them both onto the pillow. I definitely don't miss those days!!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more