Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weight watcher diet

amother

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 10:46 pm
I want to start weightwatchers program, but don't want to go to thier meets. I think all I need is the point tracker, and the book that lists foods and thier points.

does that sound right?

does anyone have an extra set of those that you don't need anymore that is willing to sell/give it away? if you do, I will pm you.
thanks.

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 11:25 pm
you can do it online without going to the meetings-- you can even type in a recipe and it computes the points per serving for you for your most used recipes. great stuff. I currently have NO time to invest, but when I had a half hour a day to plan my meals and think about my intake, WW online worked well for me.

When the kids are older, I plan to do WW online again.

bebe3

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 9:35 am
The meetings are what really helps to keep you motivated. I really suggest that if you want great results to go to the meetings. The whole program is geared towards the meetings.

benny

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 11:42 am
I find that it keeps me motivated to weigh in even if I dont stay for the meetings.

ClaRivka

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 11:46 am
I lost 40 pounds with just being online. The message boards are a huge help.

Beauticianista

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 12:41 pm
I am currently enrolled in WW online, and I found it has changed my life. I would never have joined regular Weight Watchers because I don't have time/patience for the meetings. I work in an office and so the online point tracker is extremely convenient for me, I can put in my recipes, see how many points it is...I have totally changed my way of eating since joining WW, and that's all in a good way. The best thing about it is that it's not a diet, it's a way of life (I'm on the points plan, the flex plan is way too specific for me) and it's pretty easy to incorporate into everyday life. I would definitely recommend it, especially if you have frequent access to a computer.

ClaRivka

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 1:36 pm
points and flex are the same thing...one of them is core...

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 1:39 pm
I have done WW 2x and always found the meeting a huge waste of time personally - but I would still go every week to weigh in. I think that part is so important. Unless you are a super disciplined person, it really helps to have that accountability and know you will be weighed every week. For that reason I think it's worth joining. But if you really don't want to do that, I know they have an online program, though I never used it.

mama-star

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 2:01 pm
amother, I might be able to help you with the things you want. PM me.

I've done WW (flex plan) since after the birth of my second. this is my 4th time around doing it (just had baby #5 B"H). I lose the weight with weight watchers and then go on the maintenance plan. then I get pregnant again! Very Happy I agree with what miraclemama said, I like to be accountable to the WW scale (not the one in my bathroom). the meetings I can take them or leave them - I've done the program for so long that I know what works for me. but for a first timer, I would recommend the meetings. studies show ppl lose more weight if they attend the meetings, too.

mama-star

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 2:06 pm
I just want to add that I think WW totally revolutionized my life. I make better food choices and I actually know what a portion size is - I never even knew there was such a thing until I joined WW!

tovasmom

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 2:44 pm
I have recently lost 40+ lbs. on flex, going to meetings and weighing in every week. I use the e-tools also, which I find very helpful. I too feel I need the accountability of weighing in on their scale and I have gotten good reinforcement going to the meetings. I do not have time, I make time (work full time, kids, house, etc.) But agreeing with Mama-star, it has taught me how to make better food choices and I am committed to trying to keep the weight off.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 09 2008, 10:54 am
I would just like to add that ww is the best diet!I did the core plan and really it was amazing for me!!I lost about 45 pounds on it!there were lots of struggles but b"h really if you stick with it you will lose weight!is like to add that I also excersied ..went on the treadmill and did videos at home.

mama-star

Post Wed, Jul 09 2008, 10:58 am
above amother, can you recommend exercise videos? I'm looking to get some.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 09 2008, 7:52 pm
I really like the kathy smith video for weights,its lifting weights to lose weight,it is 2 20 minutes segments for the upper body like arms and back and chest and then for the lower part of the body.it really helped me plus she has an extra bonus abs workout.she has good workouts in general you should try her!
I also do pilates which are great I do the windsor ones ..I like it alot.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 20 2011, 12:00 pm
I would like to know if the weight was kept off once u stopped. Im not talking about starting to eat all kinds of junk, but eating regular food.

french fries

Post Sun, Dec 04 2011, 1:41 pm
You'll have more success if you go to the meetings. I've tried both ways.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise