Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Medicaid Vent!!!!

miami85

Post Mon, Dec 05 2011, 3:51 pm
Just needed to vent. I submitted a request for a fair hearing because Medicaid lapsed my coverage for no reason--they reinstated it, but I have 2 doctor bills and a prescription that weren't covered. Anyway I had all my documentation and I took a half-day from work to go down w/DH. We paid for parking go in and find out I had the wrong date! My appointment was for tomorrow! I took off from work for nothing and can't take off again tomorrow. I tried calling the Medicaid office to try to get an adjournment, was on the phone for 1/2hr before trying online. The online form won't let you submit it within 7 days of your appointment because it won't be processed in time. I cant call back so easily b/c my phone # is out of state, and my DH needed his phone back. GRRRR! The doctor's bills come out to over $300. What can I do?

newlywed19

Post Mon, Dec 05 2011, 4:07 pm
go tmrw then 300 is worth missing work for!!

amother

Post Mon, Dec 05 2011, 4:11 pm
I totally feel for you! I am having a similar problem!In fact I am currently waiting on hold with mediciad as I am writing! ahhhh! I hate dealing with incompetent offices!

Lady Bug

Post Mon, Dec 05 2011, 4:27 pm
We are eligible for Medicaid, but opt for the private insurance provided by DH's job, even though we have to pay a monthly fee + copays + deductibles. It is just not worth the hassle for a couple thousand dollars a year.

miami85

Post Mon, Dec 05 2011, 6:23 pm
It may be worth the 300 dollars to miss work, but I'm not sure my employer would appreciate my taking more time off (job is worth more than 300). If I had the money to pay for my son's private insurance I definitely would!

amother

Post Mon, Dec 05 2011, 6:39 pm
You sound very frustrated; but is it really Medicaid's fault you got the day wrong? The business of the phones is certainly not of their making.

I have medicaid and I find that they are actually an excellent insurance.

Work conflicts should be a minimum because of the amount you are allowed to make to qualify.

Now assuming there is no fraud involved their system is reasonable.

miami85

Post Mon, Dec 05 2011, 7:22 pm
You're right, it was my mistake that I got the day wrong, but I'm frustrated that it even came to that! I'm frustrated that I can't just call them and ask "can you just pay these 2 bills because you messed up?" I'm frustrated that they wouldn't even talk to me. I would have been willing to wait! They just said "so you'll come back tommorow--have a nice day" and showed me the exit. I'm frustrated that it took about 5 phone calls to even get this appointment--bounced from department to department. And when I try to reschedule, I get nowhere on the phone and online it tells me I can't submit the form for adjournment because my appointment is within 7 days! When on the bottom it says "why can you not make/did not show up for your appointment". I work now, but this account is retroactive to when I was medicaid eligible.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 05 2011, 7:31 pm
Call your state senator's office, tell them you are calling with a problem about medicaid and they should be able to help you. I did this when I was applying for medicaid (also in florida) for a pregnancy and was getting MAJOR delays. Make sure you are very friendly and polite-if you are rude they will make sure red tape you into oblivion, as told to me by a friend who worked a state senator's office- just state clearly and without blame what happened and ask what you can do. I got onto medicaid within two weeks through this. Good luck!!

amother

Post Mon, Dec 05 2011, 8:27 pm
Same poster as above-just wanted to clarify that you want to call your state senator- I.e. your regional senator in Tallahassee, in the state government- and NOT the state senators who go to D.C.

chatz

Post Mon, Dec 05 2011, 10:47 pm
amother wrote:
You sound very frustrated; but is it really Medicaid's fault you got the day wrong? The business of the phones is certainly not of their making.

I have medicaid and I find that they are actually an excellent insurance.

Work conflicts should be a minimum because of the amount you are allowed to make to qualify.

Now assuming there is no fraud involved their system is reasonable.

Dear amother,

Have you ever spent a half hour on hold in order to leave your number so someone can call you back in three days? And pray that you catch that phone call or you'll have to repeat the process all over again. And then acted on the information they gave you on the phone only to be told at the Medicaid office (after waiting 2-3 hours for your turn) that the information is incorrect and you cannot do XYZ that you wanted to.

If you never need to deal directly with Medicaid, than they are an excellent insurance. If you ever need to deal directly with them, good luck to you.

bnm

Post Mon, Dec 05 2011, 11:31 pm
I had somethign similar. I reached someone (in manhattan) they gave me an address to mail the stuff to. you need to send a copy of the drs bill with the diagnosis code, your receipt and proof that you paid it (if you paid by credit card) if your in ny let me know and I'll find the address for you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics