Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Over the Range Microwave

malky800

Post Sat, Dec 10 2011, 11:10 pm
What does the bottom of an over the rane microave look like?
Is it flat and solid like a regular microave, or does it have some sort of venting system that it's blocking if it wouldn't be there?
Is the any kashrus issue I need to be aware of , of having a microave on top where I would be cooking food with alot of steam?

Dolly Welsh

Post Sat, Dec 10 2011, 11:32 pm
There is always danger when an oven is high up, any kind. When you take cooked foods out, some hot juices can spill down on you. In this case, the juices could also fall into food on the range top.

Post Sat, Dec 10 2011, 11:58 pm
Microwave ovens are sealed. B"H or our kids would glow in the dark. Very Happy

Microwaves can't get out and contaminants can't get in from fumes under the stove. I have never had any food in the microwave pick up a flavor from the food on my stove-top.

The venting systems I have on my microwaves vent the fumes and the heat from my stove and conventional ovens to the outside. I turn it on and off independently of the microwave and it operates independently.

You may be choosing a different type of design than mine.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 8:40 am
are there that many types to choose from ?

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 10:10 am
malky800 wrote:

Is the any kashrus issue I need to be aware of , of having a microave on top where I would be cooking food with alot of steam?

One kashrus issue is sealing the vents for Pesach. DH removes the whole unit; but most are not as handy and/or as neurotic as him. Just grab the trusty old tin foil. Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars