Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
International change of address

jelibean

Post Thu, Dec 15 2011, 5:32 am
B"H we're moving to E"Y next month and I'm trying to figure out how to get our US mailing address changed so that we can get mail directly in E"Y. The USPS only does domestic change of address.

There's a website called US Global Mail that, for a minimum of $15/month, will provide a US address so mail can be forwarded to it and then it's passed along to your overseas address; it has online mail management tools; allows you to see your mail scanned and choose what you want sent and what you want trashed, and allows you to control your own customs information, among other things.

Is this worthwhile, or are there others services out there worth knowing about? TIA!

Tamiri

Post Thu, Dec 15 2011, 5:34 am
Why don't you just contact each place? That's what we did....

jelibean

Post Thu, Dec 15 2011, 5:48 am
Tamiri wrote:
Why don't you just contact each place? That's what we did....

Yeah, I'd like to aspire to that, but we're moving 4 kids in 3 weeks, so I'm not sure how realistic it will be for me to get everything done that I need to get done. Having a service like this would take a load off my mind. Ah, the fee is $100 for a year. Hmmm...or maybe I'll just forward mail to a family member and let them sort through whatever I've missed prior to departure...

Marion

Post Thu, Dec 15 2011, 6:34 am
Family member certainly sounds like your best (and cheapest) bet. (How much stuff do you expect to get after you go that's still relevant? I assume you're cancelling all your utilites...)

Liba

Post Thu, Dec 15 2011, 6:42 am
We forwarded all of our mail to a family member. They hold onto the important stuff and trash the junk. B"H it works well. I also made most of my bank and credit card bills "no paper" to reduce the clutter of important looking stuff that isn't really important.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions