Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Do you think it's silly or ok?

amother

Post Wed, Dec 14 2011, 2:57 pm
when people use their first name, middle name, and surname on their profile on facebook - instead of just first name and surname

eg random example "Claire Louise Smith"

do you think it's stupid or it's fine?

Strawberry2

Post Wed, Dec 14 2011, 3:02 pm
Im not familiar with Facebook but I guess I would sign my name the way ppl. call me.

MiracleMama

Post Wed, Dec 14 2011, 3:19 pm
What exactly is it about someone using their middle name that would make you even question if it is stupid?

little_mage

Post Wed, Dec 14 2011, 3:34 pm
My husband uses both of his names on his profile. However, he goes by his middle name, so I suspect there are people who wouldn't even know who he was if he only had the first name.

imasinger

Post Wed, Dec 14 2011, 3:37 pm
I don't really care what anyone else chooses to do in terms of how they list their name. Why should I?

amother

Post Wed, Dec 14 2011, 3:43 pm
It seems that some people also do it if they have a fairly common name, so they want to be distinct.

DrMom

Post Wed, Dec 14 2011, 3:56 pm
MiracleMama wrote:
What exactly is it about someone using their middle name that would make you even question if it is stupid?

^^This.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 14 2011, 4:05 pm
it is ok but I learned from somebody that one should always leave one name undisclosed, for example most people would not put their middle name, but if you are thinking of putting your middle name too, it would be good if you had also another name which you don't put down, so that everyone doesn't know every single part of your name. by the way the person who told me this is superstitious.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 14 2011, 4:13 pm
I have my first name, my maiden name then my married name. That way people from my past can find me. That's how I find them also.

chocolate chips

Post Wed, Dec 14 2011, 5:17 pm
I just added my name to dh facebook page. So people from my past only know its me from other people I friended.
Dh had his first name and last name because no one besides his father call him by his second name.

Its not silly or stupid to do either although I have heard of the security thing to only do one name or nickname etc.

zaq

Post Wed, Dec 14 2011, 5:39 pm
Silly as in goofy, silly as in 'whom are you trying to impress?' or silly as in criminally stupid to post personal information online?

Why should anyone give half a shekel about how somebody else chooses to present his or her name to the public? Unless the name is offensive, like that insane couple who wanted to name their kids after Nazi leaders, Y"Sh?

'Sides, you have any notion how many Ann Goldsteins there are on FB? Listing yourself as Ann Zenobia Zaqarias Goldstein might make you easier to find, assuming you want to be found.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 15 2011, 6:57 pm
it's funny you say that because I really like my middle name and I was wondering whether or not to put that on facebook, but people would be like oooh you changed your name etc etc and I really can't be bothered for that.

zaq

Post Thu, Dec 15 2011, 7:41 pm
Some people actually **use** both given names, you know? Lots of Aryeh Leib/Tzvi Hirsh/Esther Malka/Chaya Suras out there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette