Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
How To Stop People From Staring!
Previous  1  2

yo'ma

Post Fri, Dec 16 2011, 5:59 am
HindaRochel wrote:
Once more, most of us who stare are not aware at that moment that we are staring. We are NOT present, not looking at you. A smile or wave or something that "breaks the spell" is probably helpful. It isn't on purpose and it is hard to control because it is more like being asleep while awake.

You're absolutely right and I guilty of it, too sometimes, but the previous poster said that she does it, but not in a mean way. Also just because it's not done on purpose, the recipient doesn't see it like that and we all have to be more aware and try not to do it.

shosh

Post Sat, Dec 17 2011, 8:40 am
I thought of this thread the other night when I was at a wedding. I saw a lady that looked very familiar, and I was looking at her trying to think how I know here. Anyway, she walked over to me and asked if everything was ok! I was so embarrassed. I explained that I was trying to work out if I knew her, and we swapped names etc - and came to the conclusion that we'd never met! embarrassed

lilacdreams

Post Sat, Dec 17 2011, 11:33 am
just wave or smile or ask if they know you. That reminds me of a story that happened to me 20yrs ago or more. I was on a bus in Jerusalem and there was a young girl about my age on the bus who was stunningly beautiful. I kept looking at her and noticing her eyes her face her hair. Suddenly she turns to me and says "do you know me?". Oiy gevalt she was going to tell me to stop being weird, when she said "you're Lilac right?". It turns out it had been a girl who was in my class when we were younger, but then at age 12 she went to live in Israel and I totally didn't recognize since we had both grown up, but she remembered me! It was the start of another chapter in our friendship. Thank Gd I was caught staring!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette