Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
What did you "need" when you got married, but seld

yo'ma

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 7:09 am
I really wanted a kitchen aid when I got married and got it and do use it and happy I got it. So that doesn't answer my own question Rolling Eyes , but I got the idea of the question because of the kitchen aid. A friend of mine said that a few of her friends also wanted one when they got married and got it and hardly every use it. I can't think of anything that I wanted and seldom use because that was the only thing I really wanted. I don't ask for much Wink .

Seraph

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 7:17 am
A soda machine. We used it often until it ran out of the CO2 and never bothered refilling it...

Ruchel

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 7:29 am
Most fancy stuff, cutlery, tablecloth... With dd we lost the habit, with the gorgeous disposables you find now too... At best we use for yomtov.

little_mage

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 10:07 am
I was thinking about this when using my juicer the other day. That being said, we put it on the registry because it's one of those things that I just thought I should have in a well stocked kitchen, but I won't have been horribly upset if we hadn't gotten it. I'm not sure if that actually answers the question...

wwmom

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 10:29 am
Kitchen Aid
George Foreman
Bread Machine

I never use any of these.

kb

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 11:03 am
I had to have a good mixer, and I do use it!

But I also had to have weekday dishes - fleishigs and michigs - and the only time I use them is when I run out of disposable dishes. But I think I actually use everything I have!!!! (We didn't have a registry, and got a lot of cash presents. We used all of those, too!)

Bea21

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 1:17 pm
I got 2 sandwich makers. Only toveled one, and I used it for the second time last night!

shanie5

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 10:19 pm
I remember wanting a mandolin slicer when I saw a demonstration. I got it, but it was years before I actually made use of it. That one has since died and been replaced a few times as once I started to use it, it became indispensable.

ahuvah4

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 10:30 pm
george forman
soda machine
breadmaker

chatz

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 10:45 pm
ironing board.

I needed it and needed it and finally got it after a year... and maybe used it once since LOL.

Everything else I wanted I pretty much use.
It's the stuff that other people thought I needed that I barely use.

mltjm

Post Wed, Nov 30 2011, 9:23 pm
We pretty much use everything we got. The one thing I used to use a lot and don't use now is my crockpot, because our shul makes a full kiddush every week. One thing I got and miss a lot since it broke is my electric kettle. I got a hot water chainik but it doesn't work very well so I don't use it, but if it worked I would definitely use it for coffee on shabbos etc. One day I'll get a new one...

invisiblecircus

Post Sat, Dec 17 2011, 3:23 pm
We didn't have a registry so there was nothing we asked for that we ended up not using.

Of the things we bought for ourselves, we don't use the kettle or the toaster, mainly because there is no room on the counter top to keep them out so they stay in the cupboard and we end up just using the grill for toast or heat water in a pan instead of using the kettle.

I had a bread machine before I was married and still use it all the time. Many of my friends got food processors and don't use them. I got my Mum's one because she never used it but I use it often.

For some reason I bought a set of kebab skewers. We live in an apartment and since there is nowhere for us to have a barbecue, they have never been used.

StrongIma

Post Sat, Dec 17 2011, 3:34 pm
shanie5 wrote:
I remember wanting a mandolin slicer when I saw a demonstration. I got it, but it was years before I actually made use of it. That one has since died and been replaced a few times as once I started to use it, it became indispensable.
pray tell, what is a mandolin slicer ??

Happy18

Post Sat, Dec 17 2011, 5:35 pm
StrongIma wrote:
shanie5 wrote:

http://www.oxo.com/p-543-mando......aspx

I have one almost never use it as I'm scared of cutting my hand.

shanie5

Post Sat, Dec 17 2011, 11:11 pm
Happy18 wrote:
StrongIma wrote:
shanie5 wrote:

http://www.oxo.com/p-543-mando......aspx

I have one almost never use it as I'm scared of cutting my hand.

Its perfectly safe if you use the holder. I have cut myself when not using it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics