Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Where to buy ground coffee in J'lem

jkw

Post Mon, Nov 28 2011, 1:38 am
Hi, we want to buy coffee beans and have them ground at the shop for French press OR buy ground coffee for French press. Have gone to Coffee Mill on Emek Refaim and wonder if anyone uses the places in the shuk or has other suggestions. TIA

yes, I know cafe coffee is wonderful but it adds up!

Akeres Habayis

Post Mon, Nov 28 2011, 2:12 am
I buy from the shuk(they grind to whatever consistency u want). I'm drinking a cup of coffee now shock this is how my eyes look after a couple of cups lol

jkw

Post Mon, Nov 28 2011, 2:27 am
Thanks for such a quick reply! Where in the shuk do you buy? Is it the one near the tram stop? If there's no teudah (right spelling?), is it okay to have them grind it? In Canada, there's a machlokes about Starbucks grinding coffee for you in the store b/c they also grind non kosher flavoured coffees...just wondering.

Akeres Habayis

Post Mon, Nov 28 2011, 2:56 am
it has an eida chareidi tudah. they sell spices/beans/nuts. if u walk from yaffo to the open part of the shuk, its like the 3rd entrance on the left side? there r two spice stores together. its the 2nd one. sorry I can't be more specific. a candy stall is right across from it. there's another one, from the bazalel side closed part of the shuk a little pass the fish stall. sorry again, I just know how to get there Rolling Eyes

ally

Post Mon, Nov 28 2011, 3:29 am
There is also a coffee store on Betzalel, near the intersection with eliash. I buy the Java bean from the "Jerusalem Roaster" brand (He actually has a store off shlomtzion Hamalka where he made me the best coffee I have ever had in Israel, but he keeps weird hours and is not open much). I've been meaning to try that store in the shuk though, because I think it is cheaper?
I buy the beans whole but I assume that any self respecting coffee store would grind the beans.

luvinlife

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 2:17 pm
There's an English Cake in Beit Hakerem center that sells their coffee ground. It's great coffee and a decent price. all other english cakes don't sell coffee in their store.

jkw

Post Wed, Dec 14 2011, 2:13 am
Tx EB, just saw this post. I go up to that area a lot -- where in Beit HaKerem is the English Cake? For instance, if you are going from the He-haluts stop on the light rail, how would you find it?

TIA

ewa-jo

Post Wed, Dec 14 2011, 2:17 am
I bought an electric coffee grinder - it was about 100nis. I get whole beans and grind as needed. Also, its useful for grinding nuts.

luvinlife

Post Wed, Dec 14 2011, 2:05 pm
I know that if you get off the train by Yad Sarah you cross the street and walk down towards sharrei tzedek hospital this english cake is opposite sharrei tzedek. There's a whole fancy oudoor strip with restaurants and that is where it is.

tali88

Post Sun, Dec 18 2011, 1:10 pm
there is a spice and coffee shop at the yafo entrance to the shuk. in between the open shuk and the closed. really good- different coffee choices and he grinds them to however you need it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions