Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Portraits of Baby

momagain

Post Mon, Oct 09 2006, 12:11 pm
Where do you take your baby for professional pictures? I see ads for Sears but I don't know what kind of job you're getting. I really like a nice quality. I've heard about Picture People but I wonder if they're worth the price. Any other ideas? Thanks.

dewyt

Post Mon, Oct 09 2006, 12:29 pm
I took my baby to JCPENNEY and SEARS the same day, and SEARS was much much much better. maybe it was just the photographer, but the quality was definitely better at sears. the lady had so much patience and changed backgrounds, changed the baby and was so nice. PM me your email address and ill send u the pics.

newmom

Post Mon, Oct 09 2006, 1:37 pm
It's "luck" with who you get as the photographer when you go to a place like sears or 'jc penny. Some of the time they were completely clueless as to how to pose the kids....ect... I feel that they both are not that great and it's hit or miss.

Mommy3.5

Post Mon, Oct 09 2006, 2:52 pm
I've been going to sears for 5 years, every portrait session has been fantastic with great results. I just took my kids last thursday and it was great. they have such patience and are really nice!

MinnieMa

Post Mon, Oct 09 2006, 4:01 pm
For my babies first year I took her to sears pretty often and was VERY happy. when she was walking already I went and the photographer I got was totaly clueless. I was there for 3 hours, but came out with nothing except a huge headache and a big workout running after my daughter and posing her. Most of the time the photographers there are great and have patients, but if you get one like I had............

Mommy3.5

Post Mon, Oct 09 2006, 11:44 pm
MinnieMa wrote:
For my babies first year I took her to sears pretty often and was VERY happy. when she was walking already I went and the photographer I got was totaly clueless. I was there for 3 hours, but came out with nothing except a huge headache and a big workout running after my daughter and posing her. Most of the time the photographers there are great and have patients, but if you get one like I had............

sometimes its the kid! my 2 1/2 year old is immpossible.....even the baby behaves better than he does! once they walk they do thier own thing regardless...

Marion

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 12:36 am
My parents always took us to Sears, although we didn't go very often. When we had baby portraits done we got a photographer to come to the house.

Ambassador-to-KJ

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 8:12 am
Personaly Im not a huge fan of run of the mill studio photography but if you are spending in a budget its not bad. I took my kids to walmart once it was 14.98 for BOTH of them., My daughter came out realy cute but my son was freaked out by the small space and huge cameras.

I'm a photographer - this is not an advertisement or anything but what I do is actualy come to my clients home or to a park, a place where their child/children can run around, fell comfortable and be themselves. Capturing the child is realy what the parent is looking for I let the kids be and its my job to run after them, get down on the floor with them etc to make sure I capture the moment. If you have the money to spend there are photographers to find who do that, they spend a considerable amount of time with you and your family to make sure they capture the best of you. You can call around to local studios (not sears, jcpenny, but independent places) and ask them if they do that. I'll gaurentee you'll be amazed at the results.

MinnieMa

Post Tue, Oct 10 2006, 11:01 am
Ambassador- How much does such a session run?? I would love to do something like that. Do you decide where to take the pics and which park to go to?

Ambassador-to-KJ

Post Thu, Oct 12 2006, 10:34 am
Hi Minniema, if you want more info or some portfolio pictures you can pm me your email address. I dont want to post on the board bc of the no advertising policy.

Frumom

Post Thu, Oct 12 2006, 11:31 am
We actually did them at... Walmart!
It was 7 dollars for a package of 29 different size pics. No sitting fee and they did an amazing job!

ceo

Post Thu, Oct 12 2006, 9:35 pm
$7! that's great! I think with a lot of these studios, it's hit or miss, depending on the photographer you're scheduled with. However, I do think the quality of developing at Picture People and Portrait Innovations is higher than at Sears and Penney's. But I've gotten good pics there as well. So far, my favorite has been portrait innovations. I also don't like how the salesppl at Pic. People can be sooooo pushy!!!

Recently, we had a professional take pictures of us in a park, on a sunday afternoon. they came out great, but it was pricey: $80 flat fee for the session, and we get all the negatives on CD. And this is one of the least expensive photographers in my area!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics