Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Thank you note for a salad or kugel?

amother

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 2:41 pm
B"H, lots of people sent me food after my baby was born. Many of them sent a full meal or close to it, and I'm sending thank you notes to them. My question is whether I need to send notes to the people who just sent one kugel or a simple salad, or is it enough if I or DH thanked them in person?

amother

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 2:52 pm
Personally, I never sent thank you notes for meals or cakes, etc. I sent a text message afterwards stating how delicious it was and thanked again in person.
I think in person is sufficient.

shlomitsmum

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 2:57 pm
I like thanking people so that they will feel appreciated and continue doing chessed for others .
note or call is always good Very Happy

Strawberry2

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 3:18 pm
So for gifts I sent thank you cards & for food I called to say thank you
Last birth everyone got a phone call. I found it easier than writing out cards!

Isramom8

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 3:25 pm
I would not want new mothers to waste their time and energy on going out of their way to thank me. Just say thank you when I bring it over, or have your husband or child do that. Or thank my husband or child, if they bring it over.

zaq

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 10:41 pm
A note wouldn't be a --gasp!!!---social faux pas, but I think it's a bit of overkill for a single dish unless that dish were pheasant under glass, Russian caviar, or included a sterling silver tray that you weren't expected to give back. Thanking in person is fine.

ETA: But I'm glad to see you're asking, because too many people neglect writing TY notes when they really are required. Good for you! Better too scrupulous than not scrupulous enough.

Last edited by zaq on Mon, Dec 12 2011, 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Levtov

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 10:45 pm
In today's day & age, it is so easy to text or email a "thank you". I always love to appreciate. Many times it is not easy to make and deliver the food. Also, texts can be read any time...

Lambqueen

Post Thu, Dec 22 2011, 12:52 am
A handwritten note is never out of style, and it is always appreciated, especially in today's day and age. Two sentences on a note card is a nice gesture, and your kugel or salad-macher will remember your graciousness!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette