Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
London is about to gain two nice Jewish girls :)

amother

Post Sat, Dec 24 2011, 5:06 pm
בס“ד

Dear Londoner Mothers,

Shavua tov and Chag Sameach from Sweden.

Soon you will have the company of me and my daughter. We are moving to London before Tu B'Shevat b'ezrat Hashem, and we are bringing heaps of upbeat happy energy! Smile

Although I have been to London before, I could still use some tidbits of information here and there, just to make life easier. I'd love hearing about activities for older pre-Bat Mitzvah girls and learning groups for women as myself. Also, if you know things like which of the schools is better or not, where to go for good tzniyut clothes and things like that...or even if you "just" want to say hello and welcome...well, that would make me really happy!

Have a lovely week Smile

ilovesem

Post Sat, Dec 24 2011, 5:14 pm
Well, you are about to move to the best city in the world! WELCOME!

Where are you going to be living, Golders Green, Edgware or Stamford Hill?

You can PM me for info if you like... I would love to help you out! x

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Dec 26 2011, 9:09 pm
Welcome!!!

My DD is 9 going on 10. As for women's learning, it depends on which part of London you'll be and which hashkafa but there're plenty of opportunities.

Most importantly, have you sorted out school for your daughter? It's not easy to get a place. Before going into which school is good/not so good, it's a matter of which school has a space for that year group. (Also for voluntary aided schools you'll need to apply via local council. Schools will tell you about it when you go for an interview/meeting). If she's 11 and going to Year 7 (secondary school), you'll need to be aware that most secondary applications had closed a month or so ago.

Tzniut clothing--I'm struggling as very llimited offering of below-knee skirts these days. Best bet so far is try Next (ok not the cheapest) or sometimes H&M. Or shop on internet. In winter quite a number of girls at DD's school wear leggins underneath their slight-above-the knee skirts.

Please feel free to PM me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating