Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Which house to buy?

amother

Post Thu, Jan 19 2012, 10:42 am
Not that I would dictate decisions based on Imamother responses, but I am conflicted and need to hear other points of view. Maybe that will help me get out of my proverbial spinning of the wheel.

My family and I recently relocated. We're renting. I hate the idea of renting. I feel so transient. I hate our apt; it is too cramped and small. Our financial advisor advised against buying now because he said, with a new job, we should wait until it is more evident I'll be here in 2 years. Build up a savings, for example. Right now we have none.

We have a house we haven't sold because it is being rented, but we plan to put it on the market at the end of the tenants lease.

I want to buy a house despite financial advisor guys' advice. I don't plan to move. I have children I want to feel secure and settled.

Our budget allows for either going with a smaller house with really no ability to entertain or host many guests (I'm not big on entertaining but having friends or familyvisit every once in a while would be nice), vs a larger house which would need work.

There is a house I really like that is small. Like no extra room at all. In fact the bedrooms are a bit smaller than where we are now. But the layout is nice and open and the house gives me a good feeling because of location and the interior brightness.

Then there is a house which is twice the size of the one I like. It is of course, more expensive, but for the amount of sq footage it is a good deal for sure. It's nice but I am not immediately in love with it. I feel we would be at the top of financial limit though.

We can't really wait a lot longer for something else to come around. We need to decide to either buy or resign ourselve to renting for another year in which case, I don't know if I can really take it for another year.

I know...long and on the grand scheme of problems, I should be so lucky to have such problems. My DH is no help. He would do what I want...though he prefers a bigger house...

Anon because I kinda feel that this shouldn't be a problem...I am just indecisive.

amother

Post Fri, Jan 20 2012, 8:50 am
never mind
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics