Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
NY School For Highly Funtctioning Down Syndrome Boy?

amother

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 6:03 pm
I am posting for a friend who lives out of state and does not have resources for such information , BUT she heard of a new school ( maybe in Brooklyn) that is for highly functioning boys with down syndrome (middle school age). Does anyone have any information about this school or a simliar school? Or who to contact .
Is there is a school in Monsey or Manhattan for boys with Down Syndrome?
Thanks

amother

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 8:35 pm
Monsey has Ohr Vadaas, Manhattan doesn't have. Brooklyn has 3- Bi-Y in Bensonhurst recently opened a junior high, but I don't think they are too high functioning, Bi-Y in Williamsburg has a junior high and high school with lots of high functioning boys with DS. Bonim Lamokom is the third, it's a Yeshiva that's located in Torah Vadaas, just boys, but you do have to pay tuition (although they do everything they can to help you get some reimbursed by the gov.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children