Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
I have my W2- now what?

OutATowner

Post Mon, Jan 30 2012, 10:52 pm
I have my W2 from my two employers. Now what do I do? There seem to be so many options out there. Last year I gave it to a family friend who is an accountant and he did it for free, but it's not an option this year.
I want to do it in an efficient, uncomplicated way but I don't want to get ripped off.
Do I use free programs online? H&R Block? Give it to an accountant?
I'm clueless.
TIA!!

bnm

Post Tue, Jan 31 2012, 9:55 am
Turbo Tax, very easy.

little_mage

Post Tue, Jan 31 2012, 1:47 pm
We use Free File Fillable Forms. However, if you have two employers, I'm pretty sure you will have to do the addition yourself. Other then that, though, we haven't had any problems with them. We used them last year as well.

bnm

Post Tue, Jan 31 2012, 2:35 pm
irs has a page with links to file for free. go to turbo tax through them, they walk you through everything. I used them with 2 w2 and I also needed to file for income in 2 states and it was very easy

bwaybabe85

Post Tue, Jan 31 2012, 3:01 pm
I agree with those that suggested TurboTax

OutATowner

Post Tue, Jan 31 2012, 4:56 pm
Thanks!
You all used the free edition? Or the ones that you start for free and eventually pay?
It says the deluxe one should be used if you have kids. I don't mind paying $30 if that is what I need to do.

GetReal

Post Sun, Feb 05 2012, 8:48 pm
I use the free version of Turbo Tax. Have been using it for many years. If you go to statetaxfreedom.com it's free for state also if you qualify. If your taxes are straightforward there is no need for the deluxe version.

OutATowner

Post Mon, Feb 06 2012, 2:37 pm
Thanks! I guess I can always start and see how it goes. Hope to do it this week.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics