Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Dessert for guest

amother

Post Thu, Feb 09 2012, 10:27 pm
my husband is on a diet and we are having one guy over for a meal.. do I need to make dessert? ?He said he will not eat it and I dont want any dessert in my house either if my husband wont even eat it,

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Feb 09 2012, 10:52 pm
I don't know what diet he's on, but would something light like poached pears or baked apples work? Or even more dietetic a simple fresh fruit salad.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Feb 10 2012, 12:08 am
MiracleMama wrote:
I don't know what diet he's on, but would something light like poached pears or baked apples work? Or even more dietetic a simple fresh fruit salad.
Thumbs Up

chocolate chips

Post Fri, Feb 10 2012, 1:33 am
Why don't you make a cake that you would anyway eat during the week and serve a slice with fresh fruit? That is dessert.
And some people, me included, serve fresh fruit for dessert...and thats it (strawberries, kiwi and pineapple in a bowl with a drop of chocolate liquer or syrup over is yum!)

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Feb 10 2012, 1:36 am
amother wrote:
my husband is on a diet and we are having one guy over for a meal.. do I need to make dessert? ?He said he will not eat it and I dont want any dessert in my house either if my husband wont even eat it,
I dont think you need to. We almost never have dessert in our home. Both my husband and I dont need such foods.
So, we always keep pareve ice cream in the freezer and have fruit and when we have guests thats what we take out.
And sometimes, gasp!, we have NO dessert, even with guests.

Its not the end of the world.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen