Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Do you think it's weird?

amother

Post Thu, Feb 09 2012, 4:12 pm
is this odd to you?

a married 60 - ish year old man (non Jewish man) is the neighbour of an elderly lady Jewish lady I know. he is married, she is a widow. she has someone looking after her and another neighbour looking after her. this man and the elderly lady are quite friendly with one another, from what I see chat make jokes etc, she says to him jokingly "have you lost weight?" stuff like that. at the moment she has all the help she needs as someone is there in her house. this evening around 6pm this man went round to her house to pay her a visit. do you think that is odd?

amother

Post Thu, Feb 09 2012, 4:14 pm
amother wrote:
is this odd to you?

a married 60 - ish year old man (non Jewish man) is the neighbour of an elderly lady Jewish lady I know. he is married, she is a widow. she has someone looking after her and another neighbour looking after her. this man and the elderly lady are quite friendly with one another, from what I see chat make jokes etc, she says to him jokingly "have you lost weight?" stuff like that. at the moment she has all the help she needs as someone is there in her house. this evening around 6pm this man went round to her house to pay her a visit. do you think that is odd?
when I see this man I mean the neighbour.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 09 2012, 4:17 pm
maybe they are just friends

amother

Post Thu, Feb 09 2012, 4:23 pm
I have a male relative in a nursing home. He has lots of people taking care of him. He has become friendly with some female residents. They sit near each other at meals and other activities and enjoy each others company. I am happy that he has friends and see nothing wrong with this.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 09 2012, 5:08 pm
I am going to say this as charitably as I can..

[size=24] MIND YOUR OWN D*** BUSINESS[/size]

Is the old lady your grandmother, are you the only woman in all of Clall Yisroel that has no problems or worries in your own family....

joy613

Post Thu, Feb 09 2012, 9:42 pm
No, I don't think it's wierd.

I'm trying to figure out why this is a concern of yours.

OutATowner

Post Thu, Feb 09 2012, 10:03 pm
Goodness! Did OP say she was going to alert someone? Sound a siren? She just wanted to know if you thought it was weird.
If it was in the "chit chat" section maybe you wouldn't jump down her throat (even "charitably") but it was an etiquette question- you guys need to chill out.
And no, btw, I don't think it's weird but maybe it would catch my attention and I would think it's cute that the elderly are looking out for each other (even though 60 isn't that old).

Last edited by OutATowner on Thu, Feb 09 2012, 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

DrMom

Post Thu, Feb 09 2012, 10:06 pm
I think it's weird that you care so much.

ROFL

Post Fri, Feb 10 2012, 12:47 pm
I wish that my parents had a person who lived next to them like this. It is wonderful that this old lady has a friend like him !

MrsDash

Post Fri, Feb 10 2012, 12:55 pm
You say she's an elderly woman, would you feel weird if your husband was visiting a lonely elderly woman? How is this any different?

amother

Post Fri, Feb 10 2012, 1:14 pm
My jewish mom is friendly with a black male Jehovahs witness co-resident at a facility. They sit together. They both have their issues. I am glad they found each other.

amother

Post Sat, Feb 11 2012, 12:14 pm
I agree that it's none of op's business. But I disagree with those who say this must be innocent because she's elderly, and that it's so 'cute' that the older folks are friends.

Hello, older people do not suddenly become asex ual. I'm not saying they are having an affair - most likely they are just friends - but I wouldn't automatically write it off just because they passed the age of 60.
Sometimes I think this site is made up of 25 year olds who have no idea what it means to be older.

amother

Post Sat, Feb 11 2012, 2:15 pm
I am the op, you're right it is none of my business, the only thing that disturbed me was that this man is a good person but he is very pervy (I know from things he has said and also he is quite flirtatious with me sometimes), and this lady is very attractive and I just personally felt that I didn't want him anywhere near her, but what can I do, thanks it's probably just me

amother

Post Sat, Feb 11 2012, 2:38 pm
amother wrote:
I am the op, you're right it is none of my business, the only thing that disturbed me was that this man is a good person but he is very pervy (I know from things he has said and also he is quite flirtatious with me sometimes), and this lady is very attractive and I just personally felt that I didn't want him anywhere near her, but what can I do, thanks it's probably just me
sorry also to add that it is so wrong of me to have felt that way I should not doubt that she would not allow anything to happen and I don't it's just I know what men can be like

happywife613

Post Sat, Feb 11 2012, 6:19 pm
Well I understand the concern of AM
they may be only friend but he may be trying to get into ....
I would feel very uncomfortable if I do not help her

but I have not got the slightest idea how to advance

Raizle

Post Sat, Feb 11 2012, 6:47 pm
amother wrote:
I agree that it's none of op's business. But I disagree with those who say this must be innocent because she's elderly, and that it's so 'cute' that the older folks are friends.

Hello, older people do not suddenly become asex ual. I'm not saying they are having an affair - most likely they are just friends - but I wouldn't automatically write it off just because they passed the age of 60.
Sometimes I think this site is made up of 25 year olds who have no idea what it means to be older.

and 60 isn't even that old at all.

MrsDash

Post Mon, Feb 13 2012, 12:19 am
amother wrote:

And since when is 60 considered "elderly?"

black sheep

Post Mon, Feb 13 2012, 12:40 am
the only thing I find weird is that you are worried about it. let them flirt, they are old enough, unless the widow seems to be upset by it, it is no one's business. and the older generation was much friendlier to the opposite gender than we are these days, it is probably much more innocent than you think.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette