Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Right or Wrong? (WIC)

amother

Post Mon, Feb 13 2012, 6:02 pm
I bought multigrain cheerios with a wic check instead of reg. but the cashier x say a/t..should I feel bad?

OutATowner

Post Mon, Feb 13 2012, 6:09 pm
I think multi grain is allowed. But we are probably in different states.
If it's the same $ I don't think you should feel bad.

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Feb 13 2012, 6:29 pm
Its not your problem if the cashier didn't notice.
I used to buy all types of baby beech nut jars and then one time I was at a different cashier and he told me that mixed fruit or mixed veg jars are not allowed only single ones (apples or pears etc not peach and mango together).

I didn't feel bad because it wasn't my fault, the cashier didn't tell me.

shanie5

Post Mon, Feb 13 2012, 8:38 pm
Multigrain cheerios are allowed on wic.

And the baby foods are allowed to be combinations of fruits and/or veggies. They are no allowed other things like tapioca, sugar, yogurt etc.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 13 2012, 8:44 pm
We haven't been on it in years...not since kollel days, but I do remember buying the multigrain. If you are nervous though, and haven't opened the box, check with the store or WIC office. Where we used to live, if a mistake was made, the cashier could get in trouble since they are supposed to check. They would take the money out of their paychecks. (Yes, it's the cashier's fault for not being careful, but if you do notice, it can't hurt to make the exchange.)

boysrus

Post Mon, Feb 13 2012, 8:49 pm
I recently bought the wrong thing on wic by mistake adn I noticed when I got home. I know that the cashiers usually have to pay for their mistakes so the next time I shopped I went to the same cashier and told him what had happened adn asked him to please let me know when he gets charged for it. every time I see him, he tells me 'no, it never showed up'. I think he really appreciated that I am offering ot pay for it myself, even tho it was both of our mistakes. and btw, in my purse I have a little bag with that sum of money in just in case he tells me that yes he was charged for it.

wic can be so complicated unfortunately, but I am grateful to be receiving it, as a two-working parent family on a low income...

chipsy

Post Mon, Feb 13 2012, 9:39 pm
chocolate chips wrote:
Its not your problem if the cashier didn't notice.
I used to buy all types of baby beech nut jars and then one time I was at a different cashier and he told me that mixed fruit or mixed veg jars are not allowed only single ones (apples or pears etc not peach and mango together).

I didn't feel bad because it wasn't my fault, the cashier didn't tell me.

it's not only the stores responsibility it's the purchaser's as well. WIC provides a detailed listing of what is allowed when you get certified/recertified. However, I wouldn't feel bad if it was an inoccent mistake. I wouldn't make an issue of it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette